• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK WIDOW: THE MOVIE (TBD)
4 4

2,016 posts in this topic

Easily the least interesting movie ever announced for the MCU. Until any details emerge I will have literally no interest. Black Widow, despite being a good human character, is entirely useless to me in the MCU. The fact that The Avengers have "weak ones" is so laughable. I hate it.

1 hour ago, TwoPiece said:

Easily the least interesting movie ever announced for the MCU. Until any details emerge I will have literally no interest. Black Widow, despite being a good human character, is entirely useless to me in the MCU. The fact that The Avengers have "weak ones" is so laughable. I hate it.

Agreed does not excite me. Why? Black Widow is in that Ant-Man category in that it will definately make money, but are any of us really going to get that excited?  I would have the same feeling if they announced a Hawkeye movie.

Give me a Silver Surfer or Adam Warlock movie instead.

26 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Agreed does not excite me. Why? Black Widow is in that Ant-Man category in that it will definately make money, but are any of us really going to get that excited?  I would have the same feeling if they announced a Hawkeye movie.

Give me a Silver Surfer or Adam Warlock movie instead.

Ant-Man at least has power. Black Widow is just an attractive "spy". The Ant-Man movies weren't "highly" anticipated by me, but that 1st Ant-Man trailer was so f^&*ing good. AM&TW was too close to Infinity War for me to get hyped.

With everything that the Russo Bros did in The Winter Solider, I fail to see how another spy thriller in the MCU can draw interest. It's already been done, and with better supporting characters (Rogers and Barnes).

The further that the MCU delves into the cosmic elements, the less interesting normal human characters become. Black Widow and Hawkeye are so boring and useless. Just kill them off already. The fact that Thanos didn't murder Romanoff in Wakanda is puzzling. Even Falcon is borderline boring. And I don't want to keep seeing "flashback" movies. We're getting some 90's SHIELD in Captain Marvel. That's fine. I don't want to see more past timelines because it doesn't affect the future of the MCU. I'm interested in what's happening now.

rantrant

Edit: Elizabeth Olsen is hotter than Scarlett Johansson. Scarlet Witch movie would be better. :D

Edited by TwoPiece

I am looking forward to this if they do in fact make it.

I enjoyed Red Sparrow, and that was a film about a female Russian spy. It has potential if they focus on the spy/ espionage side and perhaps have no other superheros in the film. Or maybe one who is hunting/ tracking her and that could be Hawkeye, or Bucky or someone like that.

Edited by Artboy99

20 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

I am looking forward to this if they do in fact make it.

I enjoyed Red Sparrow, and that was a film about a female Russian spy. It has potential if they focus on the spy/ espionage side and perhaps have no other superheros in the film. Or maybe one who is hunting/ tracking her and that could be Hawkeye, or Bucky or someone like that.

They could show how she got that scar when winter soldier shot through her to hit his target

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 7:20 AM, TwoPiece said:

interests me more than the black panther news did, and that one worked out pretty well.

the man

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:43 AM, kimik said:

Seeing that I just landed a couple of copies of TOS #52 in a collection, I think this will be an amazing movie and everyone needs copies of BW's first appearance.

the man has style.

On 10/16/2018 at 4:52 AM, TwoPiece said:

Why?

Black Panther is infinitely more interesting than Black Widow.

To who though? i would agree, BP is far more interesting to me, but quite a lot of people will be salivating at this, esp if it's as good as Marvel is always capable of.

9 hours ago, Hawkman2 said:

To who though? i would agree, BP is far more interesting to me, but quite a lot of people will be salivating at this, esp if it's as good as Marvel is always capable of.

Everyone I've ever talked to lol.

Black Widow is your run-of-the-mill human spy with touches of good (and bad) luck. Black Panther is a king, and an enhanced warrior, something truly imaginative.

Even my friend, who's favorite comic character of all-time is Black Widow, admits that BP is a more interesting character to see on the big screen.

8 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

Everyone I've ever talked to lol.

Black Widow is your run-of-the-mill human spy with touches of good (and bad) luck. Black Panther is a king, and an enhanced warrior, something truly imaginative.

Even my friend, who's favorite comic character of all-time is Black Widow, admits that BP is a more interesting character to see on the big screen.

Every woman i know is hyped, hoping this is as good as recent marvel movies. if it is, it could be wonder woman huge.

6 hours ago, Hawkman2 said:

Every woman i know is hyped, hoping this is as good as recent marvel movies. if it is, it could be wonder woman huge.

And this is the problem. A character shouldn't generate hype for their gender. A character should generate hype for being relative, inspiring, or something meaningful, etc.

Wonder Woman was mostly a good movie because of its titular character, story, and direction. Not because Diana Prince and Gal Gadot are females.

Black Widow and Hawkeye are equally crappy characters within the MCU. I don't discriminate.

Edited by TwoPiece

2 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

A character should generate hype for being relative, inspiring, or something meaningful, etc.

You said it perfectly. For a lot of women, this is that. There is a lack in representation. This movie could help to fill that void a little.

Edited by Hawkman2

13 hours ago, Hawkman2 said:

You said it perfectly. For a lot of women, this is that. There is a lack in representation. This movie could help to fill that void a little.

Uh... What..? Black Widow isn't relative, inspiring, or meaningful. She's a triple-crossing spy, who falls over herself in servitude of organizations that she thinks will help "wipe her ledger", while doing nothing special in the stories she's represented in.

Again, a character should generate hype for everything outside of their gender. Lack of representation for women, really? Scarlet Witch, Gamora, Nebula, Mantis, Okoye, Shuri, The Ancient One, Pepper (from Day 1), upcoming Captain Marvel?

Black Widow does not need a solo film. The MCU doesn't need an origin story for a character introduced a decade ago.

3 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

Uh... What..? Black Widow isn't relative, inspiring, or meaningful. She's a triple-crossing spy, who falls over herself in servitude of organizations that she thinks will help "wipe her ledger", while doing nothing special in the stories she's represented in.

Again, a character should generate hype for everything outside of their gender. Lack of representation for women, really? Scarlet Witch, Gamora, Nebula, Mantis, Okoye, Shuri, The Ancient One, Pepper (from Day 1), upcoming Captain Marvel?

Black Widow does not need a solo film. The MCU doesn't need an origin story for a character introduced a decade ago.

To a lot of women, this movie is. I love how i mention representation, and you mention a bunch of females characters who don't have a solo movie.

Edited by Hawkman2

3 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

this movie isn't needed but Cyborg is? :roflmao:

1 hour ago, Hawkman2 said:

To a lot of women, this movie is. I love how i mention representation, and you mention a bunch of females characters who don't have a solo movie.

Are you being intentionally cryptic? This isn't a valid response to any of my questions or statements...

Aside from Captain Marvel, none of the above characters are interesting enough for a solo movie. That's the point. I love how you gloss over the entirety of my post, to introduce new dialogue, without first addressing what we were already discussing.