• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK WIDOW: THE MOVIE (TBD)
4 4

2,016 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

MCU Cosmic on his Patron site says it's looking good that BW might come to PVOD and that Mulan did much better than previously reported (says 9 million purchases x's $30 =270 million).  Finally something to make me :banana:....

I hate to say it. But your 'live through Disney' day may be slightly spoiled due to accounting errors. :foryou:

40 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

I saw your post but didn’t understand it. So what is the gross?

Scott Mendelson estimates it is around the same SVOD result as Trolls World Tour. Which is not a bad thing. But not strong as Trolls 2 cost an estimated $90-$94M and Mulan is $200-$215M.

8 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

IMG_2072.jpeg

And guess who just had to come out and restate their assumption because it included 100% of Disney+ subscriptions into its brand new subscribers due to Mulan analysis - 7ParkData. 

Mulan_Yahoo03.PNG.34b5a60ef5fd529751d7edaf2f6b1e85.PNG

But hey. MCU Cosmic said on Youtube... :baiting:

You're confused because Jeremy Conrad hasn't told you yet what to think. (:

The great thing is Black Widow won't come with any of the political or social baggage that unfortunately got wrapped into Mulan that is impacting the results. It's a female heroine film following the MCU model.

9 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

You're confused because Jeremy Conrad hasn't told you yet what to think. (:

So we are suppose wait and let you tell us what to think? :baiting: Dude, I just posted something from his web site that had some positive news and hope it's true. No need to get up on a high horse.(:

3 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

So we are suppose wait and let you tell us what to think? :baiting: Dude, I just posted something from his web site that had some positive news and hope it's true. No need to get up on a high horse.(:

High horse? Not at all. Just not sure why Disney making money is some relief for people like they sit on the board. Even with any stocks owned.

And actually I do not act like only I know financials. Scott Mendelson AND the person that actually ran the numbers had to clarify what took place. Do some research for yourself.

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

Disney making money is some relief for people like they sit on the board.

Because I don't want the movie to be postponed again and if Mulan did well on Disney+ then PVOD is an option for BW incase theaters are not open and or close down again.

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Do some research for yourself.

OK Dad.

I'm happy that Disney is making money (from films) because I have friends in the film industry, who have all been out of work.

Another producer friend is sitting on a project and is fearful that covid will permanently change how films are distributed (as in, theater chains go under). It may not seem like a big deal, but for her, the disruption in the distribution chain means disruption and uncertainty for financing of films. 

Also one of my projects has been optioned and because of covid I got to learn a new term: "force majeure." 

OK Dad.

Now son... :baiting:

16 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

Because I don't want the movie to be postponed again and if Mulan did well on Disney+ then PVOD is an option for BW incase theaters are not open and or close down again.

Mulan and Black Widow are different productions. So comparing them may not make the most sense to be fair to BW.

Since Disney engaged so much with the Chinese government in order to gain its support in telling this honored legend again, it also tied its efforts to that government. Leading to Hong Kong protestors focusing their attacks on the film in advance. Better to let Black Widow move forward on its own as a case study candidate.

Signed,

Your Father (:

Edited by Bosco685

1 minute ago, MatterEaterLad said:

I'm happy that Disney is making money (from films) because I have friends in the film industry, who have all been out of work.

Another producer friend is sitting on a project and is fearful that covid will permanently change how films are distributed (as in, theater chains go under). It may not seem like a big deal, but for her, the disruption in the distribution chain means disruption and uncertainty for financing of films. 

Also one of my projects has been optioned and because of covid I got to learn a new term: "force majeure." 

It has to be an industry with many nervous employees wondering where the future lands.

Reading these articles where even existing productions are limited due to COVID on-set protection, it has to feel like a limited effort at times.

:(

I didn't pay for Mulan, mostly because it was coming free in December and I figured I could wait. If Black Widow gets released the same way, even at 2-3x the price, and is also coming free 2-3 months later, I will pay the price to have it early. I don't care, I just want to see the movie.

“Black Widow,” starring Scarlett Johansson, was set to debut on Nov. 6, a date that started to look increasingly unlikely as movie theaters on the coasts remained closed. Variety previously reported that the studio was eyeing a new time to unveil the film on the big screen after the disappointing performance of Christopher Nolan’s “Tenet” in the U.S. and the delay of “Wonder Woman 1984.” “Black Widow” will now open on May 7, 2021.