• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

*Closed*

9 posts in this topic

I've got a few copper and modern comics that I am ready to part ways with and that's about it. It's nothing crazy as most of my comics are silver and bronze age. :)

Shipping will be $4 within Domestic US, +$.50 for each additional comic up to 4 and then shipping is a straight $6.

Here is my Kudos thread with a couple of sales and buys so far. 

Please no probies or HoS'ers. Feel free to PM me with any questions regarding the comics. The first :takeit:will win!. I will put an approx. grade on the comic if raw. Payments by check, money order or PayPal. I do accept returns if notified within 7 days of delivery through PM or email. I want everyone to be 100% satisfied so if there is an issue, please let me know and we can hopefully come to an agreement or I will just return and refund your money (buyer pays shipping). Thanks and happy hunting!

Edited by Stoupes22

3 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Hi, just an FYI, GPA is for graded books. So a CGC graded 9.4 is around $30.

Hello, thanks for the information. I realize this, that's why I lowered the price 33% although I am open. I appreciate you looking out though!

52 minutes ago, roach04 said:

Hi - FYI #2 - that's not the Gold Variant for Turok #1.  Turok #1 Gold looks like this:

IMG_0922.thumb.jpg.60201281d2d98396b1276def780ad55f.jpg

Your pic is the regular Turok #1.  (Which...if you can get $1, you've done well!)

GLWTS!

Weird, I appreciate the information though! I ended up getting about 18 of these #1's and there is a notable difference between the three and the others and it's got more of a gold. I will need to do some more research for it, thanks for the heads up!

No problem guy - BUT - what you have isn't the VVSS version either.  It looks like this:

IMG_0925.jpg.25b3bedfcf9b36965ec574b302e32662.jpgIMG_0923.jpg.95a65e15178a8a18bcd594fd4b298001.jpg

Same cover as regular #1 - but signed by Bart Sears and Randy Elliott and comes with a VVSS certificate (I can scan that too if you want to see it).  Sorry man - I'll stop posting but I'm pretty sure you've got the regular edition of the book.  There were 1.5-2 million copies printed (possibly more...) and Valiant's original plan was that Turok #1 would be the first ever chromium cover.  But they couldn't get the technology to work hence why it's only "partially" chromium and there are lots of variations on how the chromium turned out.  @valiantman can give way more details that I can if you want to know.

14 hours ago, roach04 said:

No problem guy - BUT - what you have isn't the VVSS version either.  It looks like this:

IMG_0925.jpg.25b3bedfcf9b36965ec574b302e32662.jpgIMG_0923.jpg.95a65e15178a8a18bcd594fd4b298001.jpg

Same cover as regular #1 - but signed by Bart Sears and Randy Elliott and comes with a VVSS certificate (I can scan that too if you want to see it).  Sorry man - I'll stop posting but I'm pretty sure you've got the regular edition of the book.  There were 1.5-2 million copies printed (possibly more...) and Valiant's original plan was that Turok #1 would be the first ever chromium cover.  But they couldn't get the technology to work hence why it's only "partially" chromium and there are lots of variations on how the chromium turned out.  @valiantman can give way more details that I can if you want to know.

Some of the places that I have looked have shown the book that I have without the VVSS, so that is what I took it as. I will definitely change this as I don't want to give a false impression of what it is. I will scan both and maybe you will know why one is different than the other. It's weird and may just be an anamoly but I appreciate you taking the time to educate me on em. I know next to nothing about Valiant books and Turok and really didn't find it that interesting personally lol.