• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cgc grading comments

8 posts in this topic

I went to my local comic store and sent my comic in for grading before I did so I had him make sure it was grade worthy he said he wouldn’t be surprised if it graded super high due to the quality etc... We received it back and it was a 9.6 I see not one flaw in binding pages corner NOTHING even the comic store owner was amazed he said it should of at least been a 9.8 or higher as he showed me another one seven to eternity that had a somewhat bent top corner it received a 9.8. I was amazed so we both looked at grader comments to see what was up and guess what there were zero comments this is very frustrating I’ve had this since I was a kid and the shape is amazing what can I do now just suck it up?? Any replies or ideas would be amazing and appreciated. TIA 

The "defect" you are seeing on the 9.8 is a binding tear which is considered a production defect and will most of the time not cause a down grade.   Why your book got a 9.6 could have been due to the fanning of pages on the back page - did you get the book pressed so it sat completely flat?  I find it's currently really, really difficult to get a 9.8 unless you get the book pressed.  And to be honest even if you would have pressed it you have a decent chance of getting a 9.6 back even if you can't see any defects.  CGC is tight as hell right now in my opinion and any defect even under a magnifying glass will possibly cause a 9.6.

19 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I find it's currently really, really difficult to get a 9.8 unless you get the book pressed.  ......CGC is tight as hell right now in my opinion and any defect even under a magnifying glass will possibly cause a 9.6.

Noooooooooo kidding! :preach: