• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FanCon #49, April 7th 2018, Lawrence, KS

19 posts in this topic

The vendor list was just announced and I've got to say, I don't recognize most of the names.  I'll be there in my usual spot (CoMo Comic Books), as will Sean with Back in Time, Erin with Middle School Geek (while Tom is up farting around in Chicago) and Craig with FanCon Comix.  I'll be interested to see what walks in the room with some of these newer vendors! 

Bump for this cool little show with affordable entry.  1 week away!  If any of you guys that are setting up know whether they are doing a Friday night preview again, let us know. I have to travel south Saturday afternoon but hope to at least see you all that morning for the first couple hours. 

On 3/30/2018 at 4:46 PM, larryfk said:

Bump for this cool little show with affordable entry.  1 week away!  If any of you guys that are setting up know whether they are doing a Friday night preview again, let us know. I have to travel south Saturday afternoon but hope to at least see you all that morning for the first couple hours. 

No preview night for the FanCon show.  Not sure if that will come back for FreeState 2018 or not, as last year was just a trial run, I believe.  I'll be there in my usual spot (CoMo Comic Books). Swing by and introduce yourself! 

29 minutes ago, D Stuart said:

No preview night for the FanCon show.  Not sure if that will come back for FreeState 2018 or not, as last year was just a trial run, I believe.  I'll be there in my usual spot (CoMo Comic Books). Swing by and introduce yourself! 

Considering that 90% of the money I made on preview night at Free State was to other dealers prior to the actual opening, I’m not sure it is needed. I do appreciate the Friday setup though. 

5 hours ago, SSkufan said:

The wife will be there this weekend with some recently acquired EC books and some other silver age pick ups!!!

Way to mail it in Tom! Sending the wife out to do work while you play in the Windy City! :baiting:

On 4/5/2018 at 3:25 PM, D Stuart said:

Way to mail it in Tom! Sending the wife out to do work while you play in the Windy City! :baiting:

No my wife is just that dang awesome that she will go let me "play" and she can run the booth.

15 hours ago, celluloidbuff said:

My mom (age 74) lost her balance and fell outside her car, cracking her head open. Spent four hours in ER with her, and I’ll be looking after her instead of attending the show today.

Sorry. I’ll try make the next one, but family has to come first.

Really sorry to hear that, I hope she’s going to be ok. 

On 4/7/2018 at 11:26 PM, mysterio said:

Really sorry to hear that, I hope she’s going to be ok. 

No lingering effects from the fall.  Just have to wait a week to get the staples out.  She's upset about her new blouse and coat being ruined with blood.  Pretty sure I can launder it though.  

To add insult to injury, I took a 9-1-1 call (I work for a consolidated dispatch center in Des Moines) from my own mom last night during an overtime stint and had to send an ambulance to her. Thank goodness I knew everything about her, because she could barely speak to answer questions. Another ER run (while I had to wait on edge for my relief to show up).  Thanks for the well wishes.  I'll be watching her closely.

Show went really well. Attendance felt like it was definitely down, but the people that were there were spending money.  I'd rather see a light room with people spending money than a packed one full of tire kickers! Free State ComiCon will at the same location on September 8th! 

57 minutes ago, D Stuart said:

Show went really well. Attendance felt like it was definitely down, but the people that were there were spending money.  I'd rather see a light room with people spending money than a packed one full of tire kickers! Free State ComiCon will at the same location on September 8th! 

Wife said it went well.  Had a customer who bought a wall book that was a bit of a pain - but other than that went well.

1 hour ago, D Stuart said:

Thanks for the heads up on the date, I just started a thread for it.

On 4/10/2018 at 11:15 AM, SSkufan said:

Wife said it went well.  Had a customer who bought a wall book that was a bit of a pain - but other than that went well.

"That Guy" is always a pain.  He's damn good help though and we had a lot of fun at your expense @SSkufan!!!