• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM 129

11 posts in this topic

Hi guys, this is my first post here (thumbsu, so hello, great forum. picked this up when i was a kid. was curious where you  think a grade would fall in on this one and if its worth getting it professionally graded. scanned front and inside covers. small tear at botton front cover.  spine stress.  

Thanks,

David

scan0002.jpg

scan0005.jpg

scan0003.jpg

scan0006.jpg

58 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Worn but clean and attractive, without fading. An attractive, bronze age 4.0.

It's a bronze age super-key, so in this grade, yes, definitely worth slabbing.

Hi thanks, curious do you think restortion of cover worthwhile? reparing the tear 

I think 4.0 is fair. The cover looks close to coming off. Both staples are not firm. The cover has numerous color breaks and there is staining at the top on the back. There is spine abrasion at the top and bottom, both front and back. Spine ticks are substantial.  There appears to be a small tear.  The yellow masks a lot of wear. Pages are off white.  I would not slab it unless I intended to sell it and I think restoration would simply lower its value as it does with many books.  I don't see pressing as helping this book.

I had two copies of this in high grade. 

Edited by Glassman10

2 hours ago, Glassman10 said:

I think 4.0 is fair. The cover looks close to coming off. Both staples are not firm. The cover has numerous color breaks and there is staining at the top on the back. There is spine abrasion at the top and bottom, both front and back. Spine ticks are substantial.  There appears to be a small tear.  The yellow masks a lot of wear. Pages are off white.  I would not slab it unless I intended to sell it and I think restoration would simply lower its value as it does with many books.  I don't see pressing as helping this book.

I had two copies of this in high grade. 

thanks for taking the time, seems like 4.0 is what everyone is agreeing on.

13 minutes ago, ComicDen said:

thanks for taking the time, seems like 4.0 is what everyone is agreeing on.

And with the type and degree of flaws present, you'd need at least moderate resto to get this anywhere near fine, and extensive resto, a rebuild of the spine to get north of Fine. Although the price gap between slight resto and unrestored in the lower grade ranges narrows as the grades progress lower down the scale, moderate and extensive resto isn't only more of an expense having work done (typically reserved for Golden age books of higher value), but a marketability killer on Bronze age books.