Tape cover

tape interior cover

Thanks.  Baffling.

Columbia Comics   
  • Member: Seasoned Veteran
  • 11,191 posts
34 minutes ago, KPR Comics said:

Thanks.  Baffling.

I agree. Not enough to warrant a 1.5 unless the cover was completely split and reattached by tape. 

mwotka   
  • 45 posts

Beautiful book, good luck with the sale.  I agree with others that it looks much better than 1.5.  And another reason to keep in mind that a grade is just an opinion.  Buy the book you see, not what some number says.   And I wonder if this is pre or post tape rule changes...

Moetown   
  • 1,813 posts

Awesome Book!  I'm waiting for someone to post they will accept BTC, LTC or ETH as a form of payment... :wink:

Gotham Kid   
  • 21,912 posts
1 hour ago, Moetown said:

I'm waiting for someone to post they will accept BTC, LTC or ETH as a form of payment... :wink:

That's already been done.

Edited by Gotham Kid

G.A.tor   
  • 57,168 posts
On 1/13/2018 at 9:37 PM, Top City Comics said:

Holy Bat Turds Batman....how the hell is that only a 1.5?!?  :whatthe: :whatthe: :whatthe:

Cover taped. Looks like lots of moisture damage. Perfect grade to get great visual. 

AndyFish   
  • 1,276 posts

I wonder if in this case you'd have better luck selling it out of the case.   I'm with the majority here that are baffled that this would only rate a 1.5.

Bio-Rupp   
  • 24,055 posts

Not knocking the book or the grade...it is truly a nice copy, but below the logo near the 10 cent price appears to be moisture damage.

It doesn't matter tho... this copy is beautiful.

xxx ooo

Rupp

Primetime   
  • 11,931 posts
50 minutes ago, AndyFish said:

I wonder if in this case you'd have better luck selling it out of the case.   I'm with the majority here that are baffled that this would only rate a 1.5.

No way would you want to crack a blue label Bat 1 and sell raw. The book should sell nicely off strong eye appeal and the security it is unrestored. 

Edited by Primetime

AndyFish   
  • 1,276 posts
35 minutes ago, Primetime said:

No way would you want to crack a blue label Bat 1 and sell raw. The book should sell nicely off strong eye appeal and the security it is unrestored. 

Open for debate-- as a seller I'd guarantee there is no restoration (as CGC detected none) were I to crack and sell this and as a buyer I'd want to look over a $100K + book pretty carefully to see for myself.    Looking at this book RAW might make whatever flaws we're talking about more readily apparent.  As noted, the image looks like there is some buckling from water damage but the seller (and the label) assure us there is not. 

But bottom line, this 1.5 book looks nicer than a Batman #3 I sent in some time ago and ended up having it come back a 4.5 (and I expected that to come back a 1.5 by the way) so what are we missing?

Bomber-Bob   
  • 9,041 posts
On 1/12/2018 at 6:06 PM, mwotka said:

Beautiful book, good luck with the sale.  I agree with others that it looks much better than 1.5.  And another reason to keep in mind that a grade is just an opinion.  Buy the book you see, not what some number says.   And I wonder if this is pre or post tape rule changes...

The book was graded May 2017 so it is definitely post tape rule changes. I don't see why everyone is so befuddled on the 1.5 . I suspect the tape is either holding the cover together or keeping it attached, possibly both.  

Bomber-Bob   
  • 9,041 posts
26 minutes ago, AndyFish said:

Open for debate-- as a seller I'd guarantee there is no restoration (as CGC detected none) were I to crack and sell this and as a buyer I'd want to look over a $100K + book pretty carefully to see for myself.    Looking at this book RAW might make whatever flaws we're talking about more readily apparent.  As noted, the image looks like there is some buckling from water damage but the seller (and the label) assure us there is not. 

But bottom line, this 1.5 book looks nicer than a Batman #3 I sent in some time ago and ended up having it come back a 4.5 (and I expected that to come back a 1.5 by the way) so what are we missing?

There is definitely rippling from water damage.  Why do you think otherwise ?