• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] All Rounds Posted - Still Available: Richie Rich 7, World of Fantasy 17, Love Tales 50, Wonder Woman 178, Fightin Marines 3, more
6 6

267 posts in this topic

Just now, Readcomix said:

Romantic Story #42, a killer cover on a 1959 Charlton, in VG. None on census, one raw 2.0 on eBay coming from the UK. 

GCD says cover inks by Vince Colletta; pencils, with a question mark, attributed to Giordano. $20

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Man, hate Silver... but this cover!   TAKE!

That's all I've got tonight, gang. I want to shoot those last dozen superhero books for tomorrow night, then get us wrapped up by the end of the weekend.

Thanks all, I hope you're enjoying the rambling but at least loosely segmented thread! I appreciate all buyers, lookers and commenters:headbang:

3 minutes ago, Comcav said:

Man, hate Silver... but this cover!   TAKE!

And....right???? 

I realize this may well be the newest book you have ever purchased ('59) but that cover is amazing! If a well-presenting mid-grade or higher exists, I could see any number of us paying multiples of guide.

Someone around here recently said Charltons came off the press in VG lol but there's some truth to that. They do not hold up well. Not sure the odds of finding this again in better shape. It's probably out there but a veritable needle in the haystack.

Just now, Dreamtoreal1 said:

this is a miracle! William buying a SA book . Have never seen and maybe will never see this again! ;) 

Honestly, my shame is out for all to see.  Now, at LEAST it is still 10c cover price.  I mean... let's not go through the door to Narnia .

These next two books are from the original owner "M.R." Collection I shared on the boards last fall. I held them back to enjoy them first, as they are the two early Dr. strange/Thor crossovers vs Loki. While neither has his initials on the splash page margin (as many of the others did) they do both have those characteristic dates stamps that all his books had.