[CLOSED] All Rounds Posted - Still Available: Richie Rich 7, World of Fantasy 17, Love Tales 50, Wonder Woman 178, Fightin Marines 3, more
7 7

267 posts in this topic

10,879 posts
Just now, Readcomix said:

The only other post-code romance for this thread, but a tough, iconic Ken Bald cover...ACG's Romantic Adventures #123 in GVG with some paper loss above the S on the logo. $40

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I’ll Take It 

5,574 posts
3 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I’ll Take It 

^^ Romantic Adventures #123 thx Rick! :headbang:

5,574 posts

I take it back; the next two are post-code Atlas, but they each contain two Matt Baker stories, some of his very last work. The LCS I acquired these from claims they were Marvel office copies brought in by a retired Marvel employee. These two were outliers; the rest of the collection was bronze.

5,574 posts

:news: SOLD! My Own Romance #68, VF though some tanning. Vince Colletta cover, two Matt Baker stories; Colletta inks Baker (not called out in OSPG but reported in GCD), as well as stories by Joe Maneely, Jay Scott Pike and Russ Heath. $150

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

2,400 posts
1 minute ago, Readcomix said:

My Own Romance #68, VF though some tanning. Vince Colletta cover, two Matt Baker stories; Colletta inks Baker (not called out in OSPG but reported in GCD), as well as stories by Joe Maneely, Jay Scott Pike and Russ Heath. $150

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

take

5,574 posts
2 minutes ago, Comcav said:

take

^^ My Own Romance #68 thx Cav! (worship)

5,574 posts

:news:  SOLD! My Own Romance #72, also VF, perhaps presenting a bit better due to the more forgiving white cover. Again, two late Matt Baker stories (per GCD) along with Jay Scott Pike, under a Kirby/Colletta cover. $150

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

2,400 posts

My Own Romance #72, also VF, perhaps presenting a bit better due to the more forgiving white cover. Again, two late Matt Baker stories (per GCD) along with Jay Scott Pike, under a Kirby/Colletta cover. $150

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

take

373 posts
1 hour ago, Readcomix said:

Next up is an amazingly under the radar book, Hi-School Romance #24. Presents like a 7.5-8.0 range from the front, but has some back cover foxing/staining and chipping issues, and the same staining/foxing on some interior margins so I would think it might top out at a technical 6.0. A CGC 8.5 recently went for $74 on Heritage, and the buyer is brilliant.

Inside, there is the cover story "Shame," about a pre-marital pregnancy, and "stolen moments," in which a 17-year-old falls in love with her teacher, 10 years older. Pre-code romance at its finest, and I'm fine with putting it back in the box. Harvey romance books are woefully underrated. $40

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

:takeit:

5,574 posts

:news: SOLD! These just don't come up....True Life Secrets #16, in about a 7.0-7.5 that would be an 8.0 or better if not for the chip lower left front cover. Still, a tight clean flat Charlton with a tough black cover. Also, one of a handful of romance covers with a black character on it. $100

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

2,400 posts

These just don't come up....True Life Secrets #16, in about a 7.0-7.5 that would be an 8.0 or better if not for the chip lower left front cover. Still, a tight clean flat Charlton with a tough black cover. Also, one of a handful of romance covers with a black character on it. $100

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

take

5,574 posts
4 minutes ago, Comcav said:

take

^^ My Own Romance #72 thank you William! (thumbsu

5,574 posts
4 minutes ago, Comcav said:

take

^^ True Life Secrets #16! Thank you Cav; you sir are an excellent taste collecting machine!  (thumbsu

5,574 posts

Slight "paws"...the dog had needs :roflmao:

Seriously, I have also caught up with everything I have shot, but there are only two more romance books left in the stack so I will shoot and post those tonight. Then we will pick up tomorrow evening with GGA/teen humor (more affordable Matt Baker) before segueing into Archie.

5,574 posts
3 minutes ago, Patriot6 said:

:sorry:

Dude, I can't even get the damn dog back in the house so I can put up the last two romance books!

At least you haven't missed any Archies yet...

5,574 posts

Foiled by the dog. I'll pick up tomorrow night; sorry all. I'll just open with the final two romance books then post some teen humor/GGA and Archies. Then we will probably move into a different genre Sunday night. Thanks everyone, purchasers and lookers! I hope everyone had some fun! :foryou: