• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] All Rounds Posted - Still Available: Richie Rich 7, World of Fantasy 17, Love Tales 50, Wonder Woman 178, Fightin Marines 3, more
6 6

267 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Ok, it's time....I will post one book tonight to get this thread rolling, but I plan a thread of Gold and early Silver, between 60-70 books, over the next few nights. I will group them by genre, with round 1 being pre-code romance/GGA. (This will be about 1/3 of the thread). The romance books are mostly pretty sharp and fairly esoteric; it's hard to find many comps so I'm using multiple sources and taking the OSPG with a grain of salt. One book tonight, more beginning around 10 pm EST tomorrow. I will try to do a heads-up post shortly before beginning each round, and I will edit the headline with each new round. The back 2/3 of the thread should have a little something for everyone; Archies, heroes, horror, humor, war, Atlas/Marvel pre-hero, Tom Corbett, etc. 

:rulez:

Payment is money order or check -- I do not have Paypal.

Shipping -- $5 up to first three books U.S., actual thereafter. Canada is actual shipping.

Returns -- Sure, just notify me within three days of receipt and get it back to me in the same shape on your dime. (Unless I missed something.)

Don't be listy (tsk)

Edited by Readcomix
CLOSED

Okay, I am very grateful to be able to say that @Ricksneatstuff, @Comcav, and @mustang33guy, have hit the early rounds of this thread like Cap, Subby and the Torch hitting the Nazis; thank you! 

But, there's still some pretty fun stuff left. Here's the page by page breakdown.

Still available:

Page 1: SOLD OUT!

Page 2: True Love Problems and Advice Illustrated #10

Page 3: Nada 

Page 4: Thrilling Romances #9

Love Tales #50

Kathy #21

Candy #62

Mazie #17

Fightin' Marines #3 (#4 also available as a freebie)

Page 5:

Henry Brewster #3

Close Shaves of Pauline Peril #1

Richie Rich #7

Katy Keene #7

Pep #123

Archie #69

Betty and Veronica #58

Jughead's Jokes #1

Freebie available - Black Cat Home for Christmas (1992 reprint)

Page 6:

Classics Illustrated 10 HRN 97

Classics Illustrated 3 HRN 113

Herbie 18

Four Color 196

Archie 76

Page 7: 

Weird Thrillers 5

Lorna the Jungle Girl 8

Tessie the Typist 18

Our Army at War 27, 177

Cowboy Action 7

Page 8:

Best of the West 9

Our Fighting Forces 20

Kid Colt 90

Panic 9

Mark Trail 5

Page 9:

DC 100-Page Super Spectacular 4

Page 10:

World of Fantasy 17

Tales of Suspense 6

Strange Tales 60

House of Secrets 36

Page 11:

Tales of the Unexpected 95

Adventures into the Unknown 150, 151

Unknown Worlds 55

Worlds Finest 104 (incomplete, Freebie)

Strange Suspense Stories 5

Tom Corbett 6

Page 12:

Tom Corbett 10, 11

Journey into Mystery 108

Page 13:

Adventure 200

Worlds Finest 90, 169

Wonder Woman 139, 178

Showcase 25

Teen Titans 1

Detective 253, 373

Edited by Readcomix

A word about the romance books -- while they may not be Grails of the genre, many of the romance books I will offer are not ones you see every day, and they are in fairly nice shape. If I were not expecting to be offered a Kirby page in about a month, I would probably just hoard them all. I will wait 24 hours before taking PM's on these mid- and higher grade books.

Many came from an LCS that acquired an OO collection; a couple came from a different LCS that says they came in from a retired Marvel employee's office copies; other lesser grade books were accumulated by me over the years.

Let's begin tonight with one uncommon book, then we will continue in earnest tomorrow evening. Thanks for checking this out!

:news:  SOLD! First up is the issue that followed the GGA Grail Daring Love #1...with the next issue, it became Radiant Love. And, is oftentimes the case, this one has an interior splash that, had it been the cover, this would have achieved grail status too. (See "Let me Die" below).

I'm grading this book at VG/FN 5.0, taking it down from 6.5-7 range for two main reasons: note color loss at left in the light blue above the bride's head, and a thin layer of paper missing top left back cover. Slight foxing/soiling on back. Comps are thin; only out there available that I can find is lower grade than this.

Radiant Love #2 VG/FN $200.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

Just now, Readcomix said:

First up is the issue that followed the GGA Grail Daring Love #1...with the next issue, it became Radiant Love. And, is oftentimes the case, this one has an interior splash that, had it been the cover, this would have achieved grail status too. (See "Let me Die" below).

I'm grading this book at VG/FN 5.0, taking it down from 6.5-7 range for two main reasons: note color loss at left in the light blue above the bride's head, and a thin layer of paper missing top left back cover. Slight foxing/soiling on back. Comps are thin; only out there available that I can find is lower grade than this.

Radiant Love #2 VG/FN $200.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

take

5 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I spent 15 min refreshing and walk away for 1 minute :eyeroll:

You gotta be persistent to beat the Cav to the gga/romance. 

No question about it -- and yourself as well, Rick! 

But I don't want, you, Cav or anyone else to have the frustrating experience of 12-15 between books, as I have nothing else shot yet. I have an early day tomorrow so I will shoot a few now, a few in the a.m., a couple just before starting, and then be ready to roll 'em approximately 10 p.m. EST. I'll pop a heads-up a few minutes before starting.

There's probably 18 or 20 romance/GGA books in the stack, half of which are as nice or nicer as the Radiant Love #2, and about as common.

15 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I spent 15 min refreshing and walk away for 1 minute :eyeroll:

You gotta be persistent to beat the Cav to the gga/romance. 

You think you can beat Cav? lol 

I think he has an "auto reply" that just says "take" as soon as anyone posts. :roflmao:

11 minutes ago, Comcav said:

see it can misfire ;)

I think you taught the forum not to use :takeit:or even WRITE I'll take it, lol. 

You must be the idol of all the buyers here, time after time, that's what I see...take take take take...occasionally  it's TAKE!;)

I smile when I see the posts...

You are a legend :foryou:

8 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I think you taught the forum not to use :takeit:or even WRITE I'll take it, lol. 

You must be the idol of all the buyers here, time after time, that's what I see...take take take take...occasionally  it's TAKE!;)

I smile when I see the posts...

You are a legend :foryou:

Idol of all the sellers too.

Take.

Edited by comicnoir