• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] All Rounds Posted - Still Available: Richie Rich 7, World of Fantasy 17, Love Tales 50, Wonder Woman 178, Fightin Marines 3, more
6 6

267 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I spent 15 min refreshing and walk away for 1 minute :eyeroll:

You gotta be persistent to beat the Cav to the gga/romance. 

He's a force of nature, like Galactus... neither good nor evil.  "Cav does what Cav must, to collect."  

:gossip: Hey....youse people like old funnybooks???

About to get started....turns out there are two post-code books in the pile, so we will warm up with one of them. When you see the covers in question, I think you'll agree they deserve to be exceptions and offered with the pre-code books tonight.

:news: SOLD! First up is First Kiss #7 in about a 4.5. This Feb '59 beauty is a Mylar all-star. A press might dress it up a bit but that color-breaking crease down center and some some spine foxing cap it out. There is but a lone 6.5 on the census. Keep in mind it's a Charlton; not known for their paper quality. I just love the cover. What the heck...$20

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

2 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

First up is First Kiss #7 in about a 4.5. This Feb '59 beauty is a Mylar all-star. A press might dress it up a bit but that color-breaking crease down center and some some spine foxing cap it out. There is but a lone 6.5 on the census. Keep in mind it's a Charlton; not known for their paper quality. I just love the cover. What the heck...$20

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I’ll Take It 

:news: SOLD! Next up is an amazingly under the radar book, Hi-School Romance #24. Presents like a 7.5-8.0 range from the front, but has some back cover foxing/staining and chipping issues, and the same staining/foxing on some interior margins so I would think it might top out at a technical 6.0. A CGC 8.5 recently went for $74 on Heritage, and the buyer is brilliant.

Inside, there is the cover story "Shame," about a pre-marital pregnancy, and "stolen moments," in which a 17-year-old falls in love with her teacher, 10 years older. Pre-code romance at its finest, and I'm fine with putting it back in the box. Harvey romance books are woefully underrated. $40

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

:news: SOLD! True Love Problems and Advice Illustrated #24. Flat and pretty but I am topping it out at Fine due to some spine wear and light foxing/aging discoloration visible on the white area of the cover. All comps I can find on this one are about 10 years old; it doesn't change hands much and with good reasons:

This issue is called out in the guide for "rape scene" and frankly it's not overt but two different scenes could be the implication they are talking about. On the other hand, there's also a choking that would do Good ol' Charlie Biro or Johnny Craig proud. Great cover story Sin Town about "girls who sell their kisses and men who buy them cheap!" First issue in the title's "new direction" per splash page. $80

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

R:news: SOLD! omantic Hearts #3 (2nd series, Nov '53, Story Comics) looks nicer (great gloss and colors) but VG due to a crunched up bottom of front cover. Has a waviness but no staining so I doubt it was wet. Looks like it got hit/crumpled once and paper did not bounce back. $30

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

Just now, Readcomix said:

Romantic Hearts #3 (2nd series, Nov '53, Story Comics) looks nicer (great gloss and colors) but VG due to a crunched up bottom of front cover. Has a waviness but no staining so I doubt it was wet. Looks like it got hit/crumpled once and paper did not bounce back. $30

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

take

Just now, Readcomix said:

G.I. Sweethearts #32 (#1) formerly Diary Loves. Ogden Whitney goodness from Quality Comics Group. Gotta top this out at the low end of Fine due to some cover chipping. But flat, neat, clean and just not out there. $100

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

take