• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] All Rounds Posted - Still Available: Richie Rich 7, World of Fantasy 17, Love Tales 50, Wonder Woman 178, Fightin Marines 3, more
6 6

267 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Readcomix said:

First, the (brief) Silver age revival of True Comics, True Comics and Adventure Stories #1. Giant-size, square-bound, 1965. VG/F. I am even including what is apparently the original receipt (for 25 cents, from Slim's Suburban Market, Scotia, NY) exactly where I found it in the book. $10

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

take

Ok gang, here's the rough plan as of now: no books tonight but 30 more planned for this thread somewhere over the next four nights (Thurs to Sunday) with the thread closing sometime Monday.

Of the final 30, I will hopefully get them up in two rounds:

Round Four: pre-hero Atlas/Marvel (10 books) and eight 50's and 60's Dell, DC, ACG sci-fi (which I will likely post during the Atlas/Marvel round); and

Round Five: a dozen 10- and 12-cent DC and Marvel books; no 40's books in this batch but some 10-cent DC's from the 50's and some 12-cent books from both, including two more that I held back from from the original owner "M.R." Collection last fall (the two early Dr Strange/Thor crossovers vs Loki, which I wanted to enjoy before releasing).

PM's are certainly welcome on what's posted currently, and there is a recap of what's left in the second post on page one, but, as I know some people do not like to negotiate....

:news: Take 20% off any Archie/War/Western titles! :news:

Hope that makes up for no books tonight! Thank you buyers and lookers; as mentioned, more to come! (thumbsu

:news:

I have just made select price cuts throughout on various (but not all) books that do not fit the Archie/War/Western bucket. All those three categories are 20% off; some of the new cuts are of a greater percentage than that. It varies by book. PM's are still welcome on non-discounted books.

Other than maybe pulling a couple books I am considering keeping, that's my plans for everything posted thus far. Starting tonight, we focus on the final two rounds, about 30 books, and bringing this thread to a close by the end of the weekend. Thanks all!

On 1/12/2018 at 7:36 PM, Readcomix said:

True Love Problems and Advice Illustrated #24. Flat and pretty but I am topping it out at Fine due to some spine wear and light foxing/aging discoloration visible on the white area of the cover. All comps I can find on this one are about 10 years old; it doesn't change hands much and with good reasons:

This issue is called out in the guide for "rape scene" and frankly it's not overt but two different scenes could be the implication they are talking about. On the other hand, there's also a choking that would do Good ol' Charlie Biro or Johnny Craig proud. Great cover story Sin Town about "girls who sell their kisses and men who buy them cheap!" First issue in the title's "new direction" per splash page. $80

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Take

58 minutes ago, JustJimN said:

Take

^^ True Love Problems and Advice Illustrated #24!

You are a mind-reader, Jim, as that was the top book I was referencing when I said I was thinking of pulling a couple of books off sale. Thank you, and congratulations, as you will be very happy with a terrific book that is still under many people's radar. (thumbsu

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:56 PM, Readcomix said:

Heartbreaker...Tessie the Typist #22, not an easy issue, and a great cover. Looks about 3.0-ish but it's Poor as the center two wraps are missing. Incomplete book; looks good in Mylar, holding a place. $15

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

:takeit: 

51 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

You are a mind-reader, Jim, as that was the top book I was referencing when I said I was thinking of pulling a couple of books off sale. Thank you, and congratulations, as you will be very happy with a terrific book that is still under many people's radar. (thumbsu

52 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Kept looking at the cover and your description. Glad to have it.