• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink 2018 Show 'em if you got 'em
13 13

897 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, mysterio said:

Probably my only win this month, glad my bid held up.

RAD7585420171120_104843.jpg

It's a great copy. I used to own this very copy. Traded it last year and I was almost going to try and win it back. This date range of  JIM is very difficult. Congrats !

1 minute ago, Bomber-Bob said:

It's a great copy. I used to own this very copy. Traded it last year and I was almost going to try and win it back. This date range of  JIM is very difficult. Congrats !

It's going to a good home. I could bring it to Chicago in August if you would like to say hello. lol  I think this is the second or third time that I have posted a book that was originally one of yours, it is apparently becoming a habit (and a nice one for my collection).

Edited by mysterio

6 hours ago, Black_Adam said:

Sorry, I didn't know that was against the thread rules. I have deleted the image.

It is not - post away!

On January 27, 2018 at 12:31 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

SeaDevils#9.jpg

I was bidding on this one, but gave up - congrats!

6 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I was bidding on this one, but gave up - congrats!

Thanks. You probably stopped as it neared 100 as it sold for just a tad over 100 . I wasn't going to be home the night of this auction (Thursday) so I put in some solid bids on stuff I really wanted and left it to fate. I won 8 books Thursday. The previous two auction nights I was home, diligently watching and bidding and got nada, 0, zilch. Go figure. Thanks for not bidding it up higher, saved me a few bucks !

15 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

Here's last years thread.

Yeah it was reopened at some point. We never got an explanation. Regardless, boardies broadly accept not posting competitor slabs. Just slicing off the label is an end-around and disregards the spirit of the rule. That’s my take, not really interested in getting into a debate here. Just want to see sweet, sweet bomix. 

2 hours ago, DavidTheDavid said:

I suspect this is why last year’s thread got canned, so I think it’s a good idea to not do it.

Last years thread did not get canned - someone pulled it right up the last time you said that. (shrug)

1 hour ago, comicdonna said:

I agree.  It's not fair to CGC either. 

You know I'm not susceptible to that logic. :eyeroll:

12 hours ago, DavidTheDavid said:

I suspect this is why last year’s thread got canned, so I think it’s a good idea to not do it.

I thought it also had something to do with folks suggesting that their wins might be for sale if anyone were to inquire. 

14 hours ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Yeah it was reopened at some point. We never got an explanation. Regardless, boardies broadly accept not posting competitor slabs. Just slicing off the label is an end-around and disregards the spirit of the rule. That’s my take, not really interested in getting into a debate here. Just want to see sweet, sweet bomix. 

I was just thinking about this again. Why isn't slicing the label off ok? We show raw books here all the time, and they are not CGC graded (obviously). Is showing another slab sans label really that different? As long as the book isn't being offered for sale, which would be a clear no-no, I'm not sure why chopping the label off would be a violation in a thread like this. Maybe I am being dense.