• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink 2018 Show 'em if you got 'em
13 13

897 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, mysterio said:

I was just thinking about this again. Why isn't slicing the label off ok? We show raw books here all the time, and they are not CGC graded (obviously). Is showing another slab sans label really that different? As long as the book isn't being offered for sale, which would be a clear no-no, I'm not sure why chopping the label off would be a violation in a thread like this. Maybe I am being dense.

The whole concept seems rather "head in the sand"ish to me.  We all know these books exist.  Hell, most of us probably own some.  Probably not the proper venue for hashing it out, but a policy worth examining further, in my opinion. 

15 minutes ago, D Stuart said:

The whole concept seems rather "head in the sand"ish to me.  We all know these books exist.  Hell, most of us probably own some.  Probably not the proper venue for hashing it out, but a policy worth examining further, in my opinion. 

This is why I’d think that chopping the label off in such a post would be reasonable. Celebrate the book and win while respecting the venue by not providing any publicity to the competition. 

2 hours ago, bc said:

Sweet copy! I think you got a pretty good deal on a tough book.

-bc

Thanks. I've been suspecting for a while now that the PreHeroMarvel genre has cooled off a bit, allowing us still collecting to get some good buys. I think it has coincided with the rush to all things GA, with emphasis on PCH. Just cycles, running their course. It's fine with me, I'll still buy the things I like and not necessarily chase the cycle. It's about collecting, not investing !

5 hours ago, mysterio said:

This is why I’d think that chopping the label off in such a post would be reasonable. Celebrate the book and win while respecting the venue by not providing any publicity to the competition. 

Exactly, it's totally reasonable.  As we say - buy the book, not the label! :sumo:

20 hours ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Yeah it was reopened at some point. We never got an explanation. Regardless, boardies broadly accept not posting competitor slabs. Just slicing off the label is an end-around and disregards the spirit of the rule. That’s my take, not really interested in getting into a debate here. Just want to see sweet, sweet bomix. 

That's not very sporting of you.

are you sure it wasn't just your poor Googling skills that kept it hidden?

2 hours ago, rob_react said:

I've wanted a 9.8 copy of this book for a while. I put in a "win at all costs" bid just to save me another two year or whatever of waiting to see one for sale. I'll take it for $60!

00236262398000080327009025.jpg

That's a bargain at half the price! :D

13 hours ago, mysterio said:

It may sound reasonable for this thread, but it might open the doors for other threads. Debates might start for doing this in other General threads, the Spare a Grade thread, Signature Room, Comic Market Advertising, and ultimately the Comic Market For Sale thread. Probably best to leave it out entirely. (Just my 2c and sorry to be off topic)

17 hours ago, rob_react said:

I've wanted a 9.8 copy of this book for a while. I put in a "win at all costs" bid just to save me another two year or whatever of waiting to see one for sale. I'll take it for $60!

00236262398000080327009025.jpg

Are you excited for the animated film? 

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

I won a couple of things to flip for some free lunch money. Woo hoo. 

It better be CGCd krap, bub.

31 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Love this title and have always wanted a graded #1. Picked it up at a fair price for a bid I frankly forgot about, and it helps cut the per book shipping from my other win.

00033882396000081392127018.jpg

Cool pickup ! I loved that series. The whole Dire Wraith angle gave it a much darker mood than I expected from a book about a toy and a little girl.

-bc