• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink 2018 Show 'em if you got 'em
13 13

897 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, paperheart said:

oh, those Clink scans

upgraded a book, not an easy task at this stage of the proceedings :cloud9:

received the book and found it looks worse than the lower graded copy :tonofbricks:

Was it a problem with the Back Cover ?

16 hours ago, paperheart said:

oh, those Clink scans

upgraded a book, not an easy task at this stage of the proceedings :cloud9:

received the book and found it looks worse than the lower graded copy :tonofbricks:

That sucks. Hopefully you hadn’t already moved the “undercopy”. I did that once, never again. Rule 1 of upgrading books is now to make sure I’ve actually done so. 

19 hours ago, paperheart said:
19 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Was it a problem with the Back Cover ?

clink books have back covers? yes, partly the BC but the FC too.  it's a solid 9.0 in a 9.4 holder.

That's happened to me many times, but usually after I've cracked the books out.  Did you see the problems through the well?  Or after crack out? 

If you could tell before you cracked it out, then your lucky - you can sell it to some other sap.

20 hours ago, paperheart said:

clink books have back covers? yes, partly the BC but the FC too.  it's a solid 9.0 in a 9.4 holder.

That, in the words of a very wise individual, truly sucks.

1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

That's happened to me many times, but usually after I've cracked the books out.  Did you see the problems through the well?  Or after crack out? 

If you could tell before you cracked it out, then your lucky - you can sell it to some other sap.

didn't have to delve too deeply, flaws obvious through slab w/ book in hand (and the ability to look at the BC)

1 hour ago, paperheart said:
3 hours ago, lizards2 said:

didn't have to delve too deeply, flaws obvious through slab w/ book in hand (and the ability to look at the BC)

Time to have a slab sale....., :whistle:

10 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I knew I was in the wrong auction when the 1st book is a half million dollar Action 1.  Good luck big dogs!

I put bids on about 6 books that weren't already over the top.  Not this one, of course.  My pocketses are pretty shallow.

4 minutes ago, 90sChild said:

I can't find a book I want this time around that isn't already past GPA averages and the final prices are still yet to come.  Tax season seems a real bad time to buy.

Oh yeah!  Great time to sell, though! :banana: 

59 minutes ago, namisgr said:

Bronze Age Marvels at or near the top of the census are going for crazy money.  Looks like I'll be winless, and happy about it.

I love happy losers! :baiting: 

6 hours ago, lizards2 said:

I love happy losers! :baiting: 

:nyah:

When a 9.4 copy of a non-key early bronze age ish typically sells for $150 and a 9.6 goes last night for $1250, ComicLink Kool-Aid has been consumed.

Edited by namisgr

48 minutes ago, mysterio said:

I’ve got my eye on a book tonight, we’ll see how it goes...

Gross.  My Cockelier does that to my arm all the time.