• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink 2018 Show 'em if you got 'em
13 13

897 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Drummy said:

Just got one book last night; loved the look of it despite the fact that you can find it anywhere.  The whites in the price box sold me.

Avengers 57 9.0.jpg

Man, all four corners are sharp. It was graded during a tight CGC period. Really nice copy. The CVA sticker must have fallen off ?

44 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Man, all four corners are sharp. It was graded during a tight CGC period. Really nice copy. The CVA sticker must have fallen off ?

three inch crease on the back cover :eyeroll:

10 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Got the book I was after. Paid more than the last time it auctioned, but I think the price was fair. The fact that I share a name with the graffiti artist gave me special reason to pursue this copy.

18FC333F-4574-4989-9BD5-99F02B678A5B.jpeg

Congrats man! Really nice looking copy!

-bc

23 hours ago, namisgr said:

I believe your gorgeous copy of ASM44 is the Slobodian pedigree copy.  Many of the SA books from that collection have the DN stamp on the back cover.  It's a terrific Silver Age collection, going all the way back to near mint books from the ten cent DC era.

Thank you for this historical info!

2 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I went pretty hard after three JIMs last night:  #98, #114, and #119.  I took second place on the #98 but I did get the other two (apologies if these were the books you mentioned above)

No, I lost on #91 and #95. I was surprised on the price the #91 went for, I did bid well above GPA on that one but that was not enough.

I lost also on #85 but did not really like the eye-appeal on the 8.5 listed, the #7.5 did look better imho but lost on that one too but my bid was not very aggressive.

53 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Got the book I was after. Paid more than the last time it auctioned, but I think the price was fair. The fact that I share a name with the graffiti artist gave me special reason to pursue this copy.

18FC333F-4574-4989-9BD5-99F02B678A5B.jpeg

Mart?  Sounds like a hare-lipped dog.