• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink 2018 Show 'em if you got 'em
13 13

897 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, mysterio said:

Won this to add to my growing pre-code JIM collection, but just as I was grabbing the scan I noticed that it is mislabeled. :frustrated:

I think mislabeled CGC slabs make a comic even more collectible. Like double covers or rare error variants! And congrats on the sweet comic, btw (thumbsu

26 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:
5 hours ago, mysterio said:

Won this to add to my growing pre-code JIM collection, but just as I was grabbing the scan I noticed that it is mislabeled. :frustrated:

I think mislabeled CGC slabs make a comic even more collectible. Like double covers or rare error variants! And congrats on the sweet comic, btw (thumbsu

You need to crack that sucker out to find out what grade it really is! :banana: 

3 hours ago, Black_Adam said:

Thanks! The main problem is that the barcode will drop that book into the registry set for the reprint title and not the original. I'm not obsessive about the registry, and know I will never compete against the big boys in pre-hero Marvels, but I like to display my books and keep track of them using the registry. So I will have to get this corrected for that reason. :cry:

2 hours ago, mysterio said:

Thanks! The main problem is that the barcode will drop that book into the registry set for the reprint title and not the original. I'm not obsessive about the registry, and know I will never compete against the big boys in pre-hero Marvels, but I like to display my books and keep track of them using the registry. So I will have to get this corrected for that reason. :cry:

I agree, I would send it in to be corrected. While a few label errors are cool or unique, this one is neither. Love the book though !

13 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Though not for lack of trying, just one book for me this auction.

Hawkman#1.jpg

That is such a beautiful cover!   :golfclap: 

12 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:
2 hours ago, mysterio said:

I agree, I would send it in to be corrected. While a few label errors are cool or unique, this one is neither. Love the book though !

Sounds like some BSD competition...., :eyeroll:

34 minutes ago, deadleg said:

Here's all my cheesecake wins from this auction. 

00582032398000081205664006.jpg

Mmmm...cheesecake. Waiting for my own Nude variant copy of Conan #24 to make its way back from CGC. Can't believe that issue is already 12 years old...

Nice...umm...pickups, btw! (thumbsu

I had been looking for this in 9.8 for years. Just a tough cover on a book that wasn’t that easy to find even in the 90s copper heyday.  I wanted  it for the Jim Lee significance.  CLink remains the place to pick up books on the cheap it seems; I would have paid 4 or 5 times what I did. 4 total 9.8s out there.

9F596C68-3026-4AC5-9E37-2236DA0EC9DD.thumb.jpeg.f91299acc1aa46623291e2f049b7cb1f.jpegx

Edited by bluehorseshoe