• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink 2018 Show 'em if you got 'em
13 13

897 posts in this topic

On 4/7/2018 at 12:17 PM, JiveTurkeyMoFo said:

Well, I never expected to win as many pieces from the Art portion as I did....34 in total I think.  Many bidders were absent entirely for all my garbage bids to hold up.  Now to pay for that invoice....

Seemed like a really slow auction this go round, I actually won six pieces myself, and I never win anything.

PS: If by any chance you won the Vision and Scarlet Witch #6, pg 19, I won page 20. Forgot to bump my tracking bid up and was on stage when the auctions went down, missed out on pg 19. If you won it and want to reduce the size of the invoice, lemme know!

Edited by F For Fake

Gentleman - Start your engines (or at least get those tracking bids in). 

Another fairly week auction (IMHO). Between the recent Pedigree, the upcoming Heritage and next months Featured auctions, this one may generate less interest.

Good luck to all!

-bc

On 4/7/2018 at 11:17 AM, JiveTurkeyMoFo said:

Well, I never expected to win as many pieces from the Art portion as I did....34 in total I think.  Many bidders were absent entirely for all my garbage bids to hold up.  Now to pay for that invoice....

I use Comic Link all the time.  That being said, the number of days it now takes for them to close an auction has caused me to loose interest or completely forget about items I am bidding on.  Thus, I don't return to their site to do follow-up or last minute bids like I used to do.  Maybe other bidders are like me and just forget.

12 minutes ago, Lucky Baru said:

I use Comic Link all the time.  That being said, the number of days it now takes for them to close an auction has caused me to loose interest or completely forget about items I am bidding on.  Thus, I don't return to their site to do follow-up or last minute bids like I used to do.  Maybe other bidders are like me and just forget.

The continuous auctions running one after the other just gets boring especially when the books are almost all the same from one to the other.  I looked back on my last few auctions wins and after fees I pretty much broke even after selling them via BINs on E-Bay.  I know some people do well getting books cheap and flipping them but I never get enough to justify the time and expense.  I used to win (or at least bump up) 30-40 items in each auction and I've sat out the last couple.

3 hours ago, bc said:

Another fairly week auction (IMHO). Between the recent Pedigree, the upcoming Heritage and next months Featured auctions, this one may generate less interest.

Good luck to all!

-bc

Yes, I'm hoping that all of the other action going on will distract the BSD's so I can pick up some cheap stuff, like the bottom feeder I am. Only a couple of pieces in this round that I'm willing to put up for, but there are several cheap pages that I'm interested in if I can land them at the right price (i.e. next to nothin'.)

Edited by F For Fake
me no spell so good

29 minutes ago, F For Fake said:
2 hours ago, bc said:

Good luck to all!

-bc

Yes, I'm hoping that all of the other action going on will district the BSD's so I can pick up some cheap stuff, like the bottom feeder I am. Only a couple of pieces in this round that I'm willing to put up for, but there are several cheap pages that I'm interested in if I can land them at the right price (i.e. next to nothin'.)

Wow - on the comic book front, I just made it through the "A"s and put in about 50 bids.

3 hours ago, Lucky Baru said:

+1 (please excuse the old school +1, but this deserves more than a "like").   

6 minutes ago, Hudson said:

I liked your +1.

5 hours ago, Hudson said:

4 hours ago, F For Fake said:

I liked your +1.

Hmm... I would say "equal = 2", but I like your +1.

On 4/13/2018 at 10:03 AM, Lucky Baru said:

I think it's simply overload....C-Link's Focused Auctions run two full weeks now; three days of better quality Silver/Bronze/Gold and a Day of Misc Gold in the first week...plus three days of Copper/Moderns, 1 day of Real Misc. items, and one final day of Art in Week 2.  Nine days of auctions every month.  One auction ends a little more than two weeks before another one starts.  And their shipping dept is slammed....I rarely ever get the items from the last auction before the next one begins....and my general turnaround time is 2-3 weeks after my check clears, and I know a lot of folks are unhappy with their shipping woes, which have only been exasperated by the growing volume of items they process.

Then the Pedigree auction, the Heritage, the Comic Connect, the Heritage Weekly, the Hakes, and of course, eBay.

Too many items, not enough eyes, not enough dollars...which is exactly why bottom feeders like myself do well at auctions as buying venues.

Edited by JiveTurkeyMoFo

16 minutes ago, JiveTurkeyMoFo said:

I think it's simply overload....C-Link's Focused Auctions run two full weeks now; three days of better quality Silver/Bronze/Gold and a Day of Misc Gold in the first week...plus three days of Copper/Moderns, 1 day of Real Misc. items, and one final day of Art in Week 2.  Nine days of auctions every month.  One auction ends a little more than two weeks before another one starts.  And their shipping dept is slammed....I rarely ever get the items from the last auction before the next one begins....and my general turnaround time is 2-3 weeks after my check clears, and I know a lot of folks are unhappy with their shipping woes, which have only been exasperated by the growing volume of items they process.

Then the Pedigree auction, the Heritage, the Comic Connect, the Heritage Weekly, the Hakes, and of course, eBay.

Too many items, not enough eyes, not enough dollars...which is exactly why bottom feeders like myself do well at auctions as buying venues.

This, all of this. Most of the items I buy on Clink lately are for the personal collection, and I pay with check, so the slow shipping doesn't concern me as much. But the volume lately has definitely seemed to depress prices on a lot of their material. It is a buyer's market on most focused auctions.

5 minutes ago, mysterio said:
25 minutes ago, JiveTurkeyMoFo said:

This, all of this. Most of the items I buy on Clink lately are for the personal collection, and I pay with check, so the slow shipping doesn't concern me as much. But the volume lately has definitely seemed to depress prices on a lot of their material. It is a buyer's market on most focused auctions.

:wishluck: :wishluck::wishluck:

52 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

:wishluck: :wishluck::wishluck:

I've not seen a key book go for less then 10% - 15% under GPA in awhile.  I agree ComicLink is a great place to pick up common filler books in high grade since the number of bidders for any particular book is very low.

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

I've not seen a key book go for less then 10% - 15% under GPA in awhile.  I agree ComicLink is a great place to pick up common filler books in high grade since the number of bidders for any particular book is very low.

Luckily I am content to wait for my price on key books, and gladly pay the prices that result on common (and less common) filler books in nice grade.

5 hours ago, mysterio said:

This is just flat out incorrect. You are making a very broad statement that just doesn't apply to most of the desirable stuff. The majority of high grade early Silver and anything even remotely key that I track is constantly crushing GPA and setting new records. Yes, your FF 91 in 9.4 is going to go for next to nothing but then again, that is nothing new and has nothing to do with "the volume depressing prices". That kind of stuff just isn't being collected by a lot of people and never really was, which is why it's always been cheap. 

11 minutes ago, LordRahl said:

This is just flat out incorrect. You are making a very broad statement that just doesn't apply to most of the desirable stuff. The majority of high grade early Silver and anything even remotely key that I track is constantly crushing GPA and setting new records. Yes, your FF 91 in 9.4 is going to go for next to nothing but then again, that is nothing new and has nothing to do with "the volume depressing prices". That kind of stuff just isn't being collected by a lot of people and never really was, which is why it's always been cheap. 

As someone who collects runs, I agree that any key book is never going to be a bargain, and that non-keys in any run can often be had for a bargain.  But as with any auction, it just takes two sufficiently interested parties for any book to find its fair market price (or higher).

59 minutes ago, LordRahl said:

Yeah, it all depends on what books you are looking at. I collect higher grade Atomic Age horror, classic covers, etc. To say ANY of that stuff is a "buyer's market" is laughable. Prices have exploded over the last two years, with plenty off books doubling in a matter of months. 8.0-9.4 later silver and bronze run books draw limited interest, but what else is new? The hobby is pretty segmented, with some pieces in a seemingly endless bull market and with other areas stagnating for years with no end in sight. 

Edited by october

18 minutes ago, october said:

Yeah, it all depends on what books you are looking at. I collect higher grade Atomic Age horror, classic covers, etc. To say ANY of that stuff is a "buyer's market" is laughable. Prices have exploded over the last two years, with plenty off books doubling in a matter of months. 8.0-9.4 later silver and bronze run books draw limited interest, but what else is new? The hobby is pretty segmented, with some pieces in a seemingly endless bull market and with other areas stagnating for years with no end in sight. 

FTFY