• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink 2018 Show 'em if you got 'em
13 13

897 posts in this topic

@PKJ My Guess is that its an old label book. Buyer must think they can resub it for a higher grade. It definitely looks better than my 9.2 though. But that's without seeing the back cover. 

2 minutes ago, deadleg said:

@PKJ My Guess is that its an old label book. Buyer must think they can resub it for a higher grade. It definitely looks better than my 9.2 though. But that's without seeing the back cover. 

I guess so, I had a tracking bid on it and just noticed how high it went.

40 minutes ago, deadleg said:

or maybe the old label is a 99% guarantee that the book was not pressed :shy:

I was the second high bidder on that book and did bid very high. I just could not believed that I did not win it. :whatthe:

Edited by pickycollector

12 hours ago, Kramerica said:

This is such a great storyline. The highlight of Byrne's run and a FF/Doom/Surfer classic right up there with 57-60. Heresy, I know. I can read this over and over again. Would love to see the MCU do it justice on the big screen hm

...... when do you release the Kraken again, dawg ? GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

2 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

...... when do you release the Kraken again, dawg ? GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I've received multiple requests to release the beast and I'm thinking real soon :headbang: I've missed doing board sales :cloud9:

Quick question...I know the coins haven’t been attached to these auctions for long, but does anyone know if they’ll combine coins with books for shipping? I know they won’t combine books and art (:pullhair::frustrated:) but didn’t know about the coins. I might try for one but only if they will combine. 

I’ll email them directly but figure I’d mine this place for intel first. 

On 5/3/2018 at 8:50 PM, Buzzetta said:

Hm... Can someone explain this to me? 

I am always looking at GI Joe art whether classic Marvel or new... I am not interested in this piece but came across a small thing here.  Comic link is auctioning off the same piece that a seller the appears reputable also has on eBay.   I am waiting for the eBay seller's response. 

http://comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fbids.asp&id=1249858

https://www.ebay.com/itm/192515461636?ViewItem=&item=192515461636

Seller got back to me and had forgotten t take the eBay auction down.  What a shame since the cover went for $60 on CLink... 

Well at least this Spring Featured auction ends in 2 weeks....hopefully everyone got their books safely from the last auction.

Seems like a never-ending cycle of auctions anymore between CLink, CConnect, HA and others. Just a crazy amount of cash flowing around. Watched Heritage sell over $8 million today alone. How much money is annually being put away in private collections versus used as dealer stock to be resold later versus flipped by speculators - is our "hobby" now a $10 million a year industry? $25 million? $50 Million? More? That's not including the sales of new content (digital or analog); just the collecting aspect outside of preservation supplies, grading/pressing services and such.

Get your tracking bids in and hope you win some great deals!

-bc

Edited by bc
fixed final HA total sales amount for the day

On 5/11/2018 at 7:21 AM, entalmighty1 said:

I'm hoping everybody blows their wad on the Heritage Auction so I can clean up with a bunch of lowball bids on CLink. :idea:

And we are only a month away from ComicConnect closing :banana:

The book I was going after with a  bid about 20% over GPA, ended up going for 10 X GPA :p

55 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

The book I was going after with a  bid about 20% over GPA, ended up going for 10 X GPA :p

Uggh

This is not the "auction fatigue" that I was hoping for....

3 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:
7 minutes ago, bc said:

Uggh

This is not the "auction fatigue" that I was hoping for....

You're not kidding.  I don't know where all this money comes from, but I clearly took a wrong turn somewhere career-wise. :sorry: 

I was only bidding on about 20 things this go around, but everything I was bidding on seems to be ending high.