• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink 2018 Show 'em if you got 'em
13 13

897 posts in this topic

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 2:17 PM, DST said:

Finally got my GSX1 in 9.2 from the 4/12 auction to place among my other bronze key faves:

Yeah, my April winnings are due to arrive Friday, and that is all I expect to get from Clink in May.

These big ticket auctions bring in a new batch of bidders so there is rarely a lack of money in the room.  I usually take a peak to see what books are going for but I never bid on this set of auctions.  Never anything with meat left on the bone.

56 minutes ago, LordRahl said:

Snagged this beauty. Wanted the 402 as well but it went a little too nuts for a 9.6. Both are super tough to find in 9.6 and above.

tec404_cgc96_51008.jpg

:golfclap: One of my favorite books in the Adams run. Very underrated too in my opinion. Congrats.  

58 minutes ago, LordRahl said:

Snagged this beauty. Wanted the 402 as well but it went a little too nuts for a 9.6. Both are super tough to find in 9.6 and above.

tec404_cgc96_51008.jpg

Nice one! TEC 402 went for crazy money!

7 minutes ago, blue808 said:

Just scanned over some of the winning bids. Am very impressed with how well Adams Bats have been doing the last few auctions. Very strong showing across the board tonight.  

18 minutes ago, blue808 said:

Wow, 3k, yeah. I gave up when it crossed a grand. I could tell I was just out of my league on that one. I can't even find a 9.4 with a nice wrap and WP. That 9.6 was just sick.

Also worth noting, Man-Bat's 2nd appearance in 9.6 outsells his first :whatthe:

Edited by Martin Sinescu

I wasn't the underbidder on either books I was shooting for. Got blown away.

I was watching that HOS 88 also, wonderful book. :shy:

Love that tec 402, but too much for this guy.

Edited by Rip

13 hours ago, bc said:

So no winners last night? The guys in the GA forum are already showing off books....

I had my sights set on a few early Avengers, but ended up being the underbidder on both of them.  Time to focus on the CC auction closing next month.

Wowee, a Fantastic Four #120 in cgc 9.8 with off-white to white pages and a slightly crooked cover wrap, one of two at the top of the census, sold for $2,677.  :whatthe:

54 minutes ago, namisgr said:

Wowee, a Fantastic Four #120 in cgc 9.8 with off-white to white pages and a slightly crooked cover wrap, one of two at the top of the census, sold for $2,677.  :whatthe:

Bonkers! Lots of stuff was going bonkers though.

1 hour ago, pickycollector said:

Was the second high bidder on FF #10 8.5 with nice centering. I did bid well above GPA, thought it was a sure win but looks like somebody wanted it more than me :frown:

No bid is safe anymore.  Hide your wives, hide your kids.

8 minutes ago, bc said:

:pullhair:

Bid multiples of GPA and got smoked on the one book I was trying for.

Should have went to bed on time instead of staying up late to get my nuts kicked.

The amount of money that continues to flow into our hobby is absolutely astounding to me.

JIM 60?  Bad boy went for $3,400.  Problem is I do not see any GPA data for anything over 8.0.

54 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

JIM 60?  Bad boy went for $3,400.  Problem is I do not see any GPA data for anything over 8.0.

I extrapolated a value and then doubled it. And still lost (I was the under-bidder). I have several so-called single highest graded copies that are 9.2's that weren't $3,433.

On the good side, the hobby is alive and very healthy - no need for any of those "the end is nigh" threads about an imminent collapse of values :)

-bc