• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink 2018 Show 'em if you got 'em
13 13

897 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:
10 hours ago, david20009 said:

Yes I am quite happy to finally get a high grade copy of Magnus 1.  To get that and the Turok in the same auction makes me a happy camper today.

I was actually expecting the Turok to go for more than the Magnus. I thought prices would be swapped given the age and rarity of the two books.

People don't like Turok nearly as much as Magnus.

Also - you did well with the Magnus books. # 3 and # 4 are the toughest of the early run (hence the seemingly high price on the # 4).

But of all those Gold Key hero books, Doctor Solar # 5 in 9.4 was the white whale last night.

For years there were only two CGC 9.0 (highest graded) copies on the census, and they belonged to the top two census registry holders. After several submissions, I finally landed a CGC 9.2 back from CGC. Thought I might have an outside shot at the 9.4 copy at around $900. I was...wrong.

I put in some bids on the Magnus #4, as it is the most difficult one in the run, but got smoked. Congrats to david20009 on the Magnus #1!!!

Edited by lizards2

Won three early SA Marvels yesterday, all from eras that make them less likely to have been pressed than most books today...

Here is one of them, an upgrade for me, with great blue colors (rather than grey), full CCA stamp and nice centering:

On the other hand, I thought I placed a high bid on the Avengers #1 CGC 8.0 Fantucchio copy enough to guarantee a win but I was far away at the end from the winning bid ($18,027 !!)

1214620923_FF13CGC8.5.thumb.jpg.7d0f6dc17da22066f5c3c7363baed7ef.jpg

I felt really lucky to have won this at such a great price!

:hi:

I was a contendah on the Romita Jr ASM Spider-man 57 (Vol 2) page as I have five other pages from that book.  Was that piece really worth it or was that an outlier?  It went for $2327... I went deep into the auction but did not pass the $2000 mark. 

I DID NOT WIN THIS... just seeking what similar pages normally go for... 

RAD21972201858_162748.jpg