• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink 2018 Show 'em if you got 'em
13 13

897 posts in this topic

On 10/31/2018 at 9:16 PM, WoWitHurts said:

CL is now charging sales tax in Illinois now too. It does put me at a bit of a disadvantage. I don't see myself buying much from them going forward.

I have a post office box in Wisconsin to avoid taxes and lower taxes too. I am willing to drive for about a hour. Sometimes, I pick them up on the way to my parents' lake house.

FYI, ComicConnect is adding sales taxes too.

Edited by JollyComics

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:

I just got 2 books in Florida and they didn't charge tax. There isn't any snow here, either;)

I listed a few in this auction, my first try at an auction place other than eBay.

wish you luck ^^ 

20 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I just got 2 books in Florida and they didn't charge tax. There isn't any snow here, either;)

I listed a few in this auction, my first try at an auction place other than eBay.

The Sunshine State or Floriduh?

34 minutes ago, JollyComics said:
On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 7:16 PM, WoWitHurts said:

CL is now charging sales tax in Illinois now too. It does put me at a bit of a disadvantage. I don't see myself buying much from them going forward.

I have a post office box in Wisconsin to avoid taxes and lower taxes too. I am willing to drive for about a hour. Sometimes, I pick them up on the way to my parents' lake house.

FYI, ComicConnect is adding sales taxes too.

I expect to have more of you toads shipping to my house in Oregon then.

2 hours ago, TheWatcher said:

I just heard back from CLink CS and it appears that they decided to  stop sending out bid confirmation emails. 

^^

3 hours ago, TheWatcher said:

I just heard back from CLink CS and it appears that they decided to  stop sending out bid confirmation emails. Would've been nice if they let us know that beforehand, but there you have it

I would rather get an email about being outbid on a book rather than a confirmation email that I placed a bid. They have this completely backwards. 

1 hour ago, deadleg said:

I would rather get an email about being outbid on a book rather than a confirmation email that I placed a bid. They have this completely backwards. 

Think you took this the wrong way.

Clink is still sending "Outbid" email notifications but have ceased to send the "Confirmation Bid" email notifications. So I think you get what you and lizards wanted.

Too many "outs" and "bids" in one sentence!

-bc

1 hour ago, bc said:

Clink is still sending "Outbid" email notifications but have ceased to send the "Confirmation Bid" email notifications. So I think you get what you and lizards wanted.

-bc

Ah You're right. I misinterpreted the way watcher worded his post. 

5 hours ago, bc said:
7 hours ago, deadleg said:

-bc

I'm depressed that you are trying to understand my gibberish.

7 hours ago, deadleg said:

i get outbid notices,                                                                                                                         after the auctions have ended.

Weirdness... 

Has anyone had this happen to them. 

I was tracking a book to see where the auction ended (since CLINK doesnt report to GPA I keep offline notes on completed sales/auction prices). 

There was a Brick Bradford #6 CGC 4.0 in the October auction, my last note had a high bid at $771 during the auction. 
I just went back to see where it ended (since I saw in my notes I hadnt listed the final price) and its no longer in my submitted bids (I do the same thing as you guys, submit a bid to act as a "bid tracker" since there is no way to follow a book otherwise)

I do a search on CLINK since completed auctions stay on their pages for a few months while they are "Sales Pending" and it's not coming up either. 

Anyone have something like this happen? Does it happen when a book gets pulled from auction? And why would it get pulled since it had valid bids that were within market range? 

25 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

Weirdness... 

I was tracking a book to see where the auction ended (since CLINK doesnt report to GPA I keep offline notes on completed sales/auction prices). 

There was a Brick Bradford #6 CGC 4.0 in the October auction, my last note had a high bid at $771 during the auction. 
I just went back to see where it ended (since I saw in my notes I hadnt listed the final price) and its no longer in my submitted bids (I do the same thing as you guys, submit a bid to act as a "bid tracker" since there is no way to follow a book otherwise)

I do a search on CLINK since completed auctions stay on their pages for a few months while they are "Sales Pending" and it's not coming up either. 

Anyone have something like this happen? Does it happen when a book gets pulled from auction? And why would it get pulled since it had valid bids that were within market range? 

Sure it was a 4.0 and not a 4.5?

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fcgc.asp%3F_SORT%3DYES%26Graded%3D%26ODire2%3DASC%26f1%3Di.Title%26ODire1%3DASC%26f2%3Di.IssueNumber%2C%2Bi.VolumeNumber%26f3%3DLeft%28i.Condition%2C4%29%26ODire3%3DASC%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26pg%3D130&id=1272346

The 4.5 ended at $772.

-bc

15 minutes ago, bc said:

Yeah I have the 4.5 noted already in my records (it was from the August Auction), the 4.0 was from last month...

Just now, miraclemet said:

Yeah I have the 4.5 noted already in my records (it was from the August Auction), the 4.0 was from last month...

Also I had a PM in October with another Brick owner about values where I reference the 4.0 in the October auction.. so Im not totally imagining it (or if I am it was an on-going hallucination...)

1 minute ago, miraclemet said:

Then I can't find it either. 

All that shows for that title is that 4.5 and an 8.5 that went for $3,050. Maybe  you are right and the item was pulled?

52 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

Weirdness... 

It ended at $771 (thumbsu

Screenshot_2018-11-16-10-58-15.png