• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink 2018 Show 'em if you got 'em
13 13

897 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, lizards2 said:

Basically, it is the month's when people don't have money.

That's actually spot on - March, December and January. In March they are worried about taxes and Dec & Jan they are paying off the Xmas debts.

Just now, bc said:
4 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Basically, it is the month's when people don't have money.

That's actually spot on - March, December and January. In March they are worried about taxes and Dec & Jan they are paying off the Xmas debts.

Actually those are great months to sell in my experience.  December and January they have money they got as Christmas presents, and in March they have their tax refunds.

3 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Actually those are great months to sell in my experience.  December and January they have money they got as Christmas presents, and in March they have their tax refunds.

Think the original question is what is the best month to buy.

Guessing he was looking for the best months to get good deals. Glad to hear sale are strong in those months but that may not equate to when the best deals are had.

Plus, it also depends on the genre you collect as some are red hot right now no matter what the month seems to be.

7 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Sept - November are typically the worse time in terms of comic sales (best time to buy) from my experience.

Edited by 1Cool

11 minutes ago, namisgr said:

Went for $2,500, :whatthe:  so don't got.  With 14 in the census in this grade, I find the hammer price inexplicable.

00050822398000112005213019.jpg

Maybe they aren't trading hands much? There was another $2500 sale just last month and of the 4 times GPA recorded a sale, 2 of them were for $2500 and the other 2 just short of $2K. Seems pretty much inline with norms. 

30 minutes ago, LordRahl said:

Maybe they aren't trading hands much? There was another $2500 sale just last month and of the 4 times GPA recorded a sale, 2 of them were for $2500 and the other 2 just short of $2K. Seems pretty much inline with norms. 

I understand, but the last 9.6 sold for $190.  So whatever on the 14 9.8s going for 12 times that.  (shrug)

Edited by namisgr

20 minutes ago, batmiesta said:

A lot of HG Bronze books reached  inexplicable prices eg Frankenstein #1 9.8 $950 , Daredevil # 86 9.8 $1555, crazy!  Jungle Action # 6 9.8 $3200 , I have no words for that one. O.o

Isn't jungle action #6 the first kilmonger that was the villain in the black panther movie?

People must be expecting him to be the next thanos....

There was a boardie that was trying to put the jungle action run in 9.8, I wonder how far he got...

:flipbait: