• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AS8 CGC 9.4 for 1.7 MIL

43 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Mr bla bla said:
3 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Book is sold.

Holy S-hit ... ?

is it sold? or didn't the description say their site wouldn't let them put that price on and to email them offers...I don't think it is sold

11 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

is it sold? or didn't the description say their site wouldn't let them put that price on and to email them offers...I don't think it is sold

I agree, I think the total was so high that the website didn't accept the amount or something.  That it's showing the "Item Sold" is perhaps part of the glitch.

Maybe not now, but it wouldn't surprise me if this book eventually gets there to that price.  Blue chips keep going.  Maybe at varying speeds depending the title/character/economics, but they keep going.  Who would have thought that AF #15 would ever hit a million a decade or two ago. 

24 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:
27 minutes ago, Mr bla bla said:
3 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Book is sold.

Holy S-hit ... ?

"Out of Stock" I would think would usually implies it is no longer available.  (shrug)

Edited by Gotham Kid

1 hour ago, twmjr1 said:

AS 8 was undervalued for decades, just like Cap 1. Both of those books are still on the upswing. Said before that in ten years I predict Cap 1 will be the #3 book in the hobby. How far up could AS 8 go in the top 10?

+1, but will be interesting if it will give Superman 1 the run for the money 

Edited by showcase22gr1959

4 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

"Out of Stock" I would think would usually imply it is no longer available. Unlike other books on site, you cannot add that one to your cart.

There are several other books that are "Out of Stock" ie Tec 28 restored ( that was a Heritage item )

The Tec 31 5.0 for instance can be added to your cart ( if you feel like spending 175K )

So it sold, but I'm sure not at that top 1.7 Mil, they did mention taking offers on the site. hm

5 minutes ago, fleepunyhumans said:

I know I photograph all my million dollar books on my kitchen counter, just like this one

(shrug) My GF uses her Fabergé eggs to scoop out the cat's litter box and Steve Ditko uses one of a kind artwork as a cutting board.  I guess what I am trying to say is any port in a storm?

1 hour ago, gadzukes said:

total was so high that the website didn't accept the amount or something.  That it's showing the "Item Sold" is perhaps part of the glitch.

if this is indeed the case then they should fire the webmaster :smirk:

Edited by Gotham Kid

33 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

if this is indeed the case then they should fire the webmaster :smirk:

Since they can't enter the correct price, I suspect they are showing it as SOLD OUT so that no one can try to "buy" it at a lower amount on the website and instigate a quarrel.   They seem to address that by explicitly saying the book is available, call us.

Edited by Bronty

27 minutes ago, Bronty said:

I suspect they are showing it as SOLD OUT so that no one can try to "buy" it at a lower amount on the website and instigate a quarrel. 

Is that so ? Cause I can't find a "Make Offer" option on any of the books. Full price when added to cart.

Anyhow, for this particular item it would have been simpler (and less confusing) if they had managed to simply post a "Inquire" and left the "Out of Stock" out completely.

Edited by Gotham Kid

10 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Is that so ? Cause I can't find a "Make Offer" option on any of the books.

Anyhow, for this particular item it would have been simpler (and less confusing) if they had manged to simply post a "Inquire" and left the "Out of Stock" out completely.

Just think about it for a minute.    Its got nothing to do with "make offer."

They want 1.7m.     Say the max price the website allows is $1m (whatever glitch is being referred to).

If the website shopping cart has it for sale for $1m, and someone goes to buy it, they now have a $700,000 quarrel.

Edited by Bronty

16 minutes ago, Bronty said:

Just think about it for a minute.    Its got nothing to do with "make offer."

They want 1.7m.     Say the max price the website allows is $1m (whatever glitch is being referred to).

If they put it up for sale for $1m, and someone wants to buy it, they now have a quarrel.

Good point. I would try remove/fix that "out of stock" glitch then.

Say I'm interested and have 1.7 Mil to spend, I might not make that contact if I see "Out of Stock" (the only part of the description that sticks as it is in bold) as I'll believe someone beat me to the punch and I'll have to blame poor timing.

Edited by Gotham Kid

It has not sold and is available I believe 

If they made it “in stock “ it would be at a lower price (since they can’t orice at 1mil +) and they would be obligated to sell at that lower price (apparently only up to 6 figures ). 

Theyve bought books from us in sd (like the cap 3).