PMs Go To Page 1
3 3

54 posts in this topic

10,140 posts
24 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I found all mine in my spam DeadOne. Not sure why, it maybe a Yahoo thing rather than a board thing. 

Curse you Yahoo! That was it Marwood. Thank you. 

7,914 posts
8 minutes ago, DeadOne said:

Curse you Yahoo! That was it Marwood. Thank you. 

You're welcome - I'm the weekend admin cover :grin:

DeadOne - you're a member I respect and a Forum Fanatic award winner to boot. What do you think of this post:

Be as kind / unkind as you like (thumbsu

10,140 posts
13 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

You're welcome - I'm the weekend admin cover :grin:

DeadOne - you're a member I respect and a Forum Fanatic award winner to boot. What do you think of this post:

Be as kind / unkind as you like (thumbsu

Thank you for the kind words, :foryou:

I think you're on point with the majority of what you've stated.
The only thing, and I mean this with absolutely no ill intent whatsoever, that I think you could scale back a bit is calling out Arch, Scott:) and other admins. as much as you do. I see why you do it, they are the go to people for us, but I look at it like they have their limitations as well. Sometimes we might not agree on what their limitations are or if they are actual limitations or more self-imposed.

I like your archive idea. Maybe each section of the boards could have one.
Arch implemented one after the changeover for the VCC Forum and it really did clean things up. Keep in mind though that it is very time consuming to do so and the reason for this is an actual limitation with the software.

I like your tutorial idea as well.
Again, I did a similar tutorial for the VCC with step by step instructions on how to do certain things. If I knew how to create a video tutorial (and I didn't have a face made for radio) I would have made those as well.
But keep in mind that these are paid employees and not enthusiasts like us who do it because we like it. A lot of good ideas by members probably do not see the light of day because they are not cost effective. Maybe if people volunteered their time, worked on things themselves, and only asked admins. to review it would be easier to get some things done.
This might be something for the admins. to consider if they really want the boards cleaned-up. Allowing certain members (after a proper vetting) limited mod powers to help organize things a bit might not be the worst idea in the world.

I think the personal invites back into the fold would do a world of good as well.

With all this being said, I think we really need to think about how important it is for CGC to actually have a chat board in the first place. At one point in time it probably made a world of sense, but as times change and the ability to contact through a multitude venues grows exponentially with each day, it may not be high on their list of things to maintain. It might not even be low on the list.
My only hope, if this Chat Board ever ceases to be, is that members are given fair warning so we can save as much of this wealth of information as possible and get contact information, maybe even say farewell, to those who have become important to us over the years.

I'm going to post this in the thread you quoted as well.

7,914 posts
23 minutes ago, DeadOne said:

Thank you for the kind words, :foryou:

I think you're on point with the majority of what you've stated.
The only thing, and I mean this with absolutely no ill intent whatsoever, that I think you could scale back a bit is calling out Arch, Scott:) and other admins. as much as you do. I see why you do it, they are the go to people for us, but I look at it like they have their limitations as well. Sometimes we might not agree on what their limitations are or if they are actual limitations or more self-imposed.

I like your archive idea. Maybe each section of the boards could have one.
Arch implemented one after the changeover for the VCC Forum and it really did clean things up. Keep in mind though that it is very time consuming to do so and the reason for this is an actual limitation with the software.

I like your tutorial idea as well.
Again, I did a similar tutorial for the VCC with step by step instructions on how to do certain things. If I knew how to create a video tutorial (and I didn't have a face made for radio) I would have made those as well.
But keep in mind that these are paid employees and not enthusiasts like us who do it because we like it. A lot of good ideas by members probably do not see the light of day because they are not cost effective. Maybe if people volunteered their time, worked on things themselves, and only asked admins. to review it would be easier to get some things done.
This might be something for the admins. to consider if they really want the boards cleaned-up. Allowing certain members (after a proper vetting) limited mod powers to help organize things a bit might not be the worst idea in the world.

I think the personal invites back into the fold would do a world of good as well.

With all this being said, I think we really need to think about how important it is for CGC to actually have a chat board in the first place. At one point in time it probably made a world of sense, but as times change and the ability to contact through a multitude venues grows exponentially with each day, it may not be high on their list of things to maintain. It might not even be low on the list.
My only hope, if this Chat Board ever ceases to be, is that members are given fair warning so we can save as much of this wealth of information as possible and get contact information, maybe even say farewell, to those who have become important to us over the years.

I'm going to post this in the thread you quoted as well.

Thanks for the honest feedback. I've responded in the other thread. As a further sign of goodwill, I'm going to delete my "deaderer" thread, as it's title isn't fair as you say and besides, it's full of carp!  :)

10,140 posts
1 minute ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Thanks for the honest feedback. I've responded in the other thread. As a further sign of goodwill, I'm going to delete my "deaderer" thread, as it's title isn't fair as you say and besides, it's full of carp!  :)

For the record, I, for the most part,  don't mind threads like this. They are very cathartic for some and should honestly be looked at very closely by the admins. as they pretty accurately gauge the state of the community, if not as a whole, than a fair section of it.
And besides, it's a chat boards about funny books. It should be flippant at times.

7,914 posts
5 minutes ago, DeadOne said:

For the record, I, for the most part,  don't mind threads like this. They are very cathartic for some and should honestly be looked at very closely by the admins. as they pretty accurately gauge the state of the community, if not as a whole, than a fair section of it.
And besides, it's a chat boards about funny books. It should be flippant at times.

Too late, it's gone. Fortunately, lizards2 has another 3 threads available for any temperature gauging activities the admins may require!

583 posts
On 4/21/2018 at 7:42 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

@Scott =)

Hi Scott - we seem to have some odd duplication going on - two examples I've noticed today:

u.thumb.PNG.f85bed1263c6afc9d9211643b7a28704.PNG

u1.thumb.PNG.391530388f4003177e7ee37133620ff4.PNG

Do you have an update on when we will get the software upgrade roll out? It's been in a long while elsewhere and it would be nice to get the PM issue solved and to see any of the new features bed in.

And while I have you, any news on when the journals are going to merge? I noticed they 'moved' recently.

Cheers

Hello! Version 4.3.0 is now available, but hasn't been applied yet. It should be applied sometime next week :foryou:

51,601 posts

The update appears to have fixed this issue :banana:

6,373 posts
On 3/5/2018 at 7:11 PM, DeadOne said:

I'm looking forward to messing around with the new Gallery functions, Arch, that are coming with 4.3. Is there anyway you could let us know when these are implemented?

Sorry if this is a bit off topic.

4.3 is out

10,140 posts
1 minute ago, Architecht said:

4.3 is out

:whee:

7,594 posts
21 minutes ago, GACollectibles said:

It's a Christmas miracle!

Don't worry, it will be updated again soon.

:eek:

10,140 posts
On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 8:11 PM, DeadOne said:
On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 5:01 PM, Architecht said:

I'm looking forward to messing around with the new Gallery functions, Arch, that are coming with 4.3. Is there anyway you could let us know when these are implemented?

Sorry if this is a bit off topic.

Well... I've messed around with it, and I do not like it. :eek:

It appears that everything has been so condensed as to make any of functions when adding a description to an image are unreadable. Everything that used to be under the image is now off to the side, utilizing only 1/3 of the screen at most.
For me anyway, one of the coolest, overlooked, features of these new boards, The Gallery, is now very close to unusable.

7,914 posts
15 minutes ago, DeadOne said:

Well... I've messed around with it, and I do not like it. :eek:

It appears that everything has been so condensed as to make any of functions when adding a description to an image are unreadable. Everything that used to be under the image is now off to the side, utilizing only 1/3 of the screen at most.
For me anyway, one of the coolest, overlooked, features of these new boards, The Gallery, is now very close to unusable.