• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Journey Into Mystery 103

11 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Ahsoka Tano Jedi Apprentice said:

this is a hard book to grade 4 me. That bottom left front corner is pretty rough. It look's like it might b tearing around in the back. A 4.0 seems pretty harsh but i think that a possibility. The T in Thor really took a shot so i wonder if that penetrated inside the front cover. 

Yes, that tiny puncture mark did go through the cover, but the paper was pushed into the puncture, it's still there, and in this grade range, considering the other flaws far more detractive from the overall whole, I don't think it's a factor. The same puncture on an otherwise NM book? Devastating. A drop from 9.4 to 8.0 automatically. But on these lower grade books, a non-starter, IMO.

7 minutes ago, Alf Pogs said:

Sweet book that I gave a 4 or a 5. I personally wouldn't slab and put the money towards the previous or next issue in the run.

102! :cloud9: 

Although the particular set of defects on this 103 would greatly benefit from being housed in the CGC slab. A bigger than average bump in appearance, IMO.

2 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

102! :cloud9: 

Although the particular set of defects on this 103 would greatly benefit from being housed in the CGC slab. A bigger than average bump in appearance, IMO.

or 89! I'm into quantity not quality.