• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anything to see in ASM 610-700?
1 1

28 posts in this topic

On 1/12/2018 at 4:23 PM, Reno McCoy said:

I've been going through my boxes to sell, and I found issues 610 to 700 of Amazing Spider-Man. I did a quick search on eBay, but nothing stood out in my brief search. Are there any issues in here that are special in any way that I should pull out? Or can I safely donate them, hand them out to kids, or toss them?

I would hold onto them for about 5 years than sell. In 5 years that run will be more appreciated do to nostalgia and collectors becoming more aware of them to complete their runs. 

1 hour ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

In 5 years that run will be more appreciated do to nostalgia

lol

1 hour ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

and collectors becoming more aware of them to complete their runs. 

:roflmao:Because, as everybody knows, ASM is the most unknown/forgotten title in the hobby. But when more people discover this obscure title, they'll have to contend with all the lovers of great good mediocre writing and amazing quality adequate art!

22 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I would hold onto them for about 5 years than sell. In 5 years that run will be more appreciated do to nostalgia and collectors becoming more aware of them to complete their runs. 

I think you mean 50 years.

1 hour ago, darkstar said:

I think you mean 50 years.

My reasoning is

let's face it not many people collect comic runs anymore, but the exceptions usually are Amazing Spider-Man and Batman fans. I could see in 5 years completists looking for to complete their runs. I think Reno would get more for them in 5 years as just about all ASM go up in value over time. Plus the ones Reno has are really not high print runs. I hold. :preach:

2 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

My reasoning is

let's face it not many people collect comic runs anymore, but the exceptions usually are Amazing Spider-Man and Batman fans. I could see in 5 years completists looking for to complete their runs. I think Reno would get more for them in 5 years as just about all ASM go up in value over time. Plus the ones Reno has are really not high print runs. I hold. :preach:

CC, solid logic as ever. The key point being very few people collecting whole runs.

A bit late to the party here, but the 650's - 680's (?) have a few quasi-keys that may heat up as the events become more central to Spider-Man canon. There are variants that are pretty hot in that run, too, but for just the "content keys" there's first Flash as Venom, JJJ as mayor, death of Marla Jameson, and the "death" of Peter Parker.