• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FANTASTIC FOUR 45 cooling off? FF 52 red hot?
4 4

132 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

Even in the comics, there is no logical reason for The Inhumans to wear masks. 

...or Galactus, for that matter.

a valid point. That said, the character was created wearing a mask and some costume. Those items help me the viewer/reader identify him, have him wear it on the show.

On a side note:

I have never liked Black Bolt. My favorite story involving him was in World War Hulk: when the Hulk went to the Moon to confront Black Bolt as a member of the Illuminati. Black Bolt says "Enough!" and half the Moon explodes and most of the Hulks flesh is shredded.

Then the Hulk regenerates, and says "I didn't come to hear you whisper, I came to hear you scream."

The next panel with Black Bolt shows him as a bloody pulp and the Hulk is holding him. :cloud9:

3 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

a valid point. That said, the character was created wearing a mask and some costume. Those items help me the viewer/reader identify him, have him wear it on the show.

On a side note:

I have never liked Black Bolt. My favorite story involving him was in World War Hulk: when the Hulk went to the Moon to confront Black Bolt as a member of the Illuminati. Black Bolt says "Enough!" and half the Moon explodes and most of the Hulks flesh is shredded.

Then the Hulk regenerates, and says "I didn't come to hear you whisper, I came to hear you scream."

The next panel with Black Bolt shows him as a bloody pulp and the Hulk is holding him. :cloud9:

I want to read that now!

1 minute ago, Artboy99 said:

Read Planet Hulk first, then World War Hulk as a followup. World War Hulk started out strong, but fizzles at the end in my opinion.

Thanks Karl.Not up on modern stories besides old fart Logan and Civil War.Going to seek these out!

2 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Thanks Karl.Not up on modern stories besides old fart Logan and Civil War.Going to seek these out!

Planet Hulk is a fantastic read. It is strange, as the Hulk is on an alien world, but get through it, great story overall. World War Hulk, I like the first 3 issues, once the Sentry is involved not so much. But the whole story is worth a read.

08.jpg

main-qimg-b637086dec91ecd883fa0857d49503e9-c.jpg

154839-141625-world-war-hulk.jpg

2 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

The old-fogey version of that might be Hulk annual 1, a book I loved!

I really dig the Inhumans, but mostly in a 1967 kinda way.

Probably on my top 10 list of Marvel covers, too! Early Maximus had Loki-level bad guy potential. Frankly, I think he's the Inhumans' best hope.

6 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

Planet Hulk is a fantastic read. It is strange, as the Hulk is on an alien world, but get through it, great story overall. World War Hulk, I like the first 3 issues, once the Sentry is involved not so much. But the whole story is worth a read.

08.jpg

FWIW that was a Super Skrull posing as Black Bolt, not the real Black Bolt.

18 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

08.jpg

This kind of shows Black Bolt is a one trick pony. Black Bolt screams! Did the network expect people would tune in every week to see if Black Bolt screams at someone every week? That is not a compelling power, and maybe one of the lamest superhero powers yet. Yeah watching Black Bolt doing the scream once is effective,but tuning into see him week after to week to scream would get old fast.

One thing I just realized is maybe most of the Inhumans are cool and maybe they should just kill off Black Bolt and look for a new leader? Maybe by them focusing so much on Black Bolt did the show in?

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 5:55 PM, FineCollector said:

Not winning any points with JR Jr art... in Earth X, Black Bolt was fighting Celestials with his voice.  I fail to see how Hulk is still in the same time zone if Black Bolt cut loose, but those are the liberties that new comic writers used that pushed me away from new comics.

I cannot believe that JR Jr has had such a long career over the past few decades with this art. There are probably dozens of board members who could product better quality work.

On 1/14/2018 at 10:14 AM, ComicConnoisseur said:

The Black Panther movie will put FF#52 on the map.

FF #52 has been on the map for a loooong time.

FF#52 might have a longer shelf life than expected for a hot book. It might be just more than movie hype as now Black Panther movie is turning into a culture event! 

'Black Panther,' already a cultural moment, is about to shatter movie business assumptions

http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-movie-projector-black-panther-20180214-story.html

All signs say Marvel Studios' "Black Panther," being released Thursday evening by Walt Disney Co., is having a cultural moment fueled by massive pent-up demand for what is expected to be the first global superhero blockbuster to feature a mostly black cast and an African American director.

The $200-million film — directed by Ryan Coogler ("Creed") and starring Chadwick Boseman as the titular hero — is expected to gross at least $150 million in the United States and Canada through Monday, according to people who have reviewed audience surveys, putting it on track to become one of Marvel Studios' most valuable franchises.

Such a strong domestic result would set a record for a film directed by an African American filmmaker. It would also represent an unprecedented opening for a Marvel Studios movie that is not a sequel or an "Avengers" film, easily beating the first "Iron Man," "Thor," "Captain America" and "Guardians of the Galaxy" pictures.

I'm all for success based on merit and cultural celebrations, but something about the talk of a movie succeeding strictly because the race of its cast...feels...obviously wrong to me. Damn, I wish color just wasn't a part of the equation at all...regardless. THAT would be a cultural moment.

Edited by Callaway29
grammar

Fair points.

I would add that Kendrick Lamar's musical score will also add to the dollars at the box office.

Hip - Hop and R+B culture rule music charts around the world and young people who feel a connection with a movie will be more prone to see it for that reason.

You'll remember that most previous Marvel movies used scores based on classic rock, which while appeal to a wide audience mostly appeal to older people.

This score is a far cry from previous scores in Marvel films.

17 hours ago, VintageComics said:

I would add that Kendrick Lamar's musical score will also add to the dollars at the box office.

Hip - Hop and R+B culture rule music charts around the world and young people who feel a connection with a movie will be more prone to see it for that reason.

You'll remember that most previous Marvel movies used scores based on classic rock, which while appeal to a wide audience mostly appeal to older people.

This score is a far cry from previous scores in Marvel films.

no it won't