• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FANTASTIC FOUR 45 cooling off? FF 52 red hot?
4 4

132 posts in this topic

Wow...interesting price. 

There are two copies in the Comiclink auction (that are 9.2 or higher) that end on Wednesday, I wonder what price they will sell at ?

The host for the Oscars was discussing the impact this movie has all around the world and the new record sales it's making once again this weekend. So nice to see super hero movies getting the respect they deserve :)  

Edited by The_Investor

On 3/4/2018 at 10:17 PM, Jaydogrules said:

Another copy that is exceptional for the grade and sets a price record.

On ‎21‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 11:19 PM, Jaydogrules said:

Sweet copy well done !  Feels good to have one of those to tuck away in the PC, don't it ? ;)

-J.

Absolutely! Just so stupid to not have done it 10 years ago. Back then I was compiling the silver keys, my ASM run, and my small FF 1-12 run...But why oh why didn't I at least go FF #1 to 100, I am trying now (late to that game) because it's such an awesome run of stories and incredible covers!!

At least you have an excuse; I have been upgrading my FFs since 1990 and I never got around to replacing my fine copy.

I remember a time not long ago when you could find a VG ish 52 in any comic store in town. 15 years ago you could have VF plus books with just a tiny effort.

Oh, well.

On 3/9/2018 at 2:13 PM, fishbone said:

Finally got mine !!

3A3CE96C-6223-4101-A777-FEF27C1B6A70.png

Congrats!  Great looking book.  I've got 8.0's (not FF52) with more color breaks than that.  I'd be thrilled with that copy.

On 3/4/2018 at 10:17 PM, Jaydogrules said:

Huh.

I was presented with a few ascending offers for a 9.0 White copy through Heritage a few months ago, culminating at $2000. 

Guess I was right to keep turning them down.

On 3/21/2018 at 8:15 PM, Jaydogrules said:

Good Lord.  :whatthe:

Though this sale would certainly seem to validate that 9.0 sale for $7600.

-J.

Certainly makes the first Black Panther-esque character by Kirby in Two Gun Kid #77 seem under :wishluck: priced now.

U0XHhAC.jpg

Just now, Chaos_in_Canada said:

Oh..I'm waiting for the new Overstreet! 2c

OS won't reflect the nutty prices this book has been getting.  There will certainly be an increase.  Probably sizable, but not the insanity we've seen lately.   

On 4/2/2018 at 9:24 AM, chrisco37 said:

OS won't reflect the nutty prices this book has been getting.  There will certainly be an increase.  Probably sizable, but not the insanity we've seen lately.   

I don't know if I would call the prices nutty, considering the level of success the film is having.   The character has become more than just a major part of the marvel universe.   The film itself has hit levels putting it on a par with the most remembered films whose popularity and awareness span many decades.   It is ranked in the low 30s overall adjusted for inflation, which means all movies released (and re-released) in the last 80 odd years.   It's a huge cultural phenomenon.