• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stacking cgc graded BCW boxes

4 posts in this topic

Hello folks! I’m trying to save some space in an already small room so was wondering if this was a good idea. I’ve stacked my raw books in boxes before, but wasn’t sure if this was doable for graded books considering the extra care they need to avoid cracking the case. Thanks!

Edited by rogue14
Spelling

As long as the weight is being supported by the box and not by the slabs, all should be fine for stacking 2-3 high. That means the box should be taller than the slabs  Boxes designed specifically to hold CGC books should be a bit taller than the slabs. 

I use the egerber cgc boxes and used to stack them 3-4 high. I found that fully loaded the weight tends to impact the top cover of the boxes below them causing the tops to cave in about a half inch. I don't think there's much risk to the comics or cgc cases in the boxes below since it is a static load that is pretty well distributed but man those box tops at the bottom take a beating after frequent access.  

I now have them all on shelves which makes it easier to access and better organized and less wear to the boxes.