• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM- Patsy Walker #11 :)
1 1

7 posts in this topic

1)The tear at spine goes through the entire book

2)Some staining on outer covers, doesn't seem to be that way inside, but inside does have additional tears....

3)The page quality seems to be off-white to me but at least it would be cream to off-white, instead just cream ;) 

4) some fanning is obvious and a slight spine roll

I was thinking 2.5 but want to know other's thoughts :foryou:

Patsy Walker #11 1947 oldest comic issue that I have.jpg

Patsy Walker #11 1947 Back.jpg

This is the type of spine roll that doesn't even have to be dismantled to re-align it back to it's pre-rolled state. It looks supple enough to open it flat to the cneterfold, press out the spine altogether; flatten it open, then refold the spine carefully in the right place (the original placement) and press it back into a book. You may get it up to 4.0 using that maneuver.  As is, I'm thinking 3.0.

5 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

This is the type of spine roll that doesn't even have to be dismantled to re-align it back to it's pre-rolled state. It looks supple enough to open it flat to the cneterfold, press out the spine altogether; flatten it open, then refold the spine carefully in the right place (the original placement) and press it back into a book. You may get it up to 4.0 using that maneuver.  As is, I'm thinking 3.0.

Interesting and noted. When looking at the inside I was surprised at how well the interior colors held  up. I was thinking 2.5, but the book is from 1947 so my grading style might be out of whack. My oldest book before this was from 1964...so I have a learning curve...

Nice cover! I like Patsy Walker :luhv:

I always find books with significant flaws tough to grade. It looks like a 3.0 overall but I'm not sure how CGC would treat a tear like that that goes all the way through the book. So I'd settle on 2.5 if I was putting it up for sale. It looks better than that though, especially the top half.

And I see you've been playing around with signatures (thumbsu