• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there anything left...?(speculation)
5 5

95 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, boomtown said:

Yes

I’ve been grabbing up sets of the mini series since I think it’s a cool read and I do think it’s the 1st appearance of the Magik character.  We will see how it turns out.

3 hours ago, Lonzilla said:

Jennifer Kale (Swamp Queen) 1st app Fear #11

Modred The Mystic - Marvel Chillers #1

Bloodstone - Marvel Presents #1

Omega The Unknown #1

Killraven - Amazing Adventures #18

Wundarr - Fear #17

Captain Universe - Micronauts #8

Woodgod - Marvel Premiere #31

All depends on which D-list characters James Gunn is a big fan of and decides to put into his movies.

Omega The Unknown is revered by so many writers, it's a good pickup to hoard even if it doesn't pay off for several years, something will happen with the character eventually

Seems speculators are pulling more for Bloodstones daughter to show up.

2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

I’ve been grabbing up sets of the mini series since I think it’s a cool read and I do think it’s the 1st appearance of the Magik character.  We will see how it turns out.

Yeah, obviously I think it is too. I do try to let the market decide for itself, but so often, there is just incorrect information out there that people just take as facts. New Mutants #14 doesn't really have any qualities of a first appearance (maybe 1st appearance of Magik in the New Mutants), but someone lobbied CGC to put it on a label and all of a sudden it becomes an important book. I guess the main issue is people are investing in and selling these books without ever having actually read them.

Edited by boomtown

37 minutes ago, boomtown said:

I do try to let the market decide for itself, but so often, there is just incorrect information out there that people just take as facts.  I guess the main issue is people are investing in and selling these books without ever having actually read them.

Yep, I read X-Men 153 a few days ago . . . I don't know how you can maintain that XM 166 is Lockheed's 1st App.

3 hours ago, divad said:

Yep, I read X-Men 153 a few days ago . . . I don't know how you can maintain that XM 166 is Lockheed's 1st App.

Because, while the Lockheed in 166 is named for the character in Kitty's Fairy Tale in 153, who is named after the blackbird, they otherwise have no meaningful connection.  They are separate characters who actually meet in the original Nightcrawler limited series.

If my sarcasm detector failed while reading your original post, I apologize; it didn't occur to me that might be where you were going until after I posted.

Edited by OtherEric

10 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

I hear Willo-wisp is making a comeback. lol

That is so strange. I was just having a conversation with my brother, wondering if the bad guys in the new Cloak and Dagger series coming out this summer would be corporate or would they be nobody bad guys like.... Will o'the Wisp. lol
I swear we both said it at the same time. We even laughed and joked about it afterwards. Freaky.

Just now, DeadOne said:

That is so strange. I was just having a conversation with my brother, wondering if the bad guys in the new Cloak and Dagger series coming out this summer would be corporate or would they be nobody bad guys like.... Will o'the Wisp. lol
I swear we both said it at the same time. We even laughed and joked about it afterwards. Freaky.

:roflmao: Strange coinicidence? 

I think not.....:whistle:

15 hours ago, OtherEric said:

Because, while the Lockheed in 166 is named for the character in Kitty's Fairy Tale in 153, who is named after the blackbird, they otherwise have no meaningful connection.  They are separate characters who actually meet in the original Nightcrawler limited series.

If my sarcasm detector failed while reading your original post, I apologize; it didn't occur to me that might be where you were going until after I posted.

No meaningful connection??? Besides being huge blue dragons that talk and politely allow everyone to ride on them? Yep, absolutely no connection whatsoever. lol

On 1/20/2018 at 6:59 PM, ygogolak said:

Seems speculators are pulling more for Bloodstones daughter to show up.

I've been picking up both Bloodstone 1st apps whenever I see them. I have mentioned Elsa in the Modern thread before for books to sit on ;)

5 minutes ago, maraxusofkeld said:

Maybe, I missed this, but Marvel Special Edition #15 1st Shang Chi, book has been flat for sometime with a slight uptick that he might appear in Iron Fist.

Shang-Chi was rumored to be coming into the Netflix cast of characters, seems like maybe about two years ago, and the book had a major surge overnight. Don't think the rumors ever panned out so it's obviously been flat since. Not sure if anything fresh has been hinted with the character, though. My overall impression was that Iron Fist and Luke Cage's mediocre reviews took the luster off of the 70's Marvel character stable which, at one time, looked like a veritable King Tut's Tomb of treasure, so undoubtedly that affected MSE 15 as well. I'm sure there's still potential, but seems like 9.6's nearly doubled in that surge (I was shopping for a 9.6 just before the announcement and that pretty much slammed the door in my face), so it might also be topped out barring some pretty fantastic news.

3 hours ago, Martin Sinescu said:

Shang-Chi was rumored to be coming into the Netflix cast of characters, seems like maybe about two years ago, and the book had a major surge overnight. Don't think the rumors ever panned out so it's obviously been flat since. Not sure if anything fresh has been hinted with the character, though. My overall impression was that Iron Fist and Luke Cage's mediocre reviews took the luster off of the 70's Marvel character stable which, at one time, looked like a veritable King Tut's Tomb of treasure, so undoubtedly that affected MSE 15 as well. I'm sure there's still potential, but seems like 9.6's nearly doubled in that surge (I was shopping for a 9.6 just before the announcement and that pretty much slammed the door in my face), so it might also be topped out barring some pretty fantastic news.

Luke Cage got great reviews. Iron Fist did not.

1 hour ago, Brian48 said:

I think Man-Thing still has room to grow if done right (the movie was a joke).  Savage Tales #1 is already pricey though, but not because of Man-Thing.

Be happy with what you have got. :smirk:

6 hours ago, Brian48 said:

I think Man-Thing still has room to grow if done right (the movie was a joke).  Savage Tales #1 is already pricey though, but not because of Man-Thing.

I did not even know there was a Man Thing movie and Rachel Taylor was in it, who I am familiar with

I posted over on a thread on Modern that there are four words which I think will heat up a couple of 80s-90s comics:

"Spielberg's Ready Player One"

Two characters in particular will get a big boost from this Warner Bros. movie, mainly because Warner owns the rights to both characters and the whispers in the wind is that they are destined for their own return to movies soon.

The last time these characters were in a movie was the 80s-90s.