• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This cover is horrible, and anyone who says otherwise is a liar!
5 5

590 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Martin Sinescu said:

Thanks! 

This is pretty much my go-to when someone says "horrible cover"....

Batman_513.jpg.49527aabb5255178c379c17faa6f9c52.jpg

Just a whole lotta bleh.

I have several problems with that idiotic Batman cover.  One, how can a chainsaw with no blades cut anything-two, how can anyone operate a chainsaw with one hand-three why are the front and back cogs on the chainsaw in different perspectives and WHY cant the artist use an oval template-four how can the bat costume be inflated and hold steady so it can be cut in two??

28 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

He draws better than I do. 

+1 But neither of us would draw the veins on this monstrousity...

1 hour ago, Von Cichlid said:

This is quite representative of the nadir of the comic industry in the 90's.  It was stuff like this (on your biggest selling title no less) that I attribute to getting me out of the hobby the first time.  No one older than six years of age could possibly take this cover any kind of serious.  I knew Marvel took a hit when their superstars left for Image, but man, it's like they went to a junior high and commissioned this from one of the students.  It's just so amateur.  You could tell they were really phoning it in at that point.

35-1.jpg

3 hours ago, Marwood & I said:

Now come on Ken, we know how much you love this one already. Love it or loathe it (and I'm in the latter camp) you have to admit the artwork is extraordinarily life like. 

That cover is actually a photograph

2 hours ago, Von Cichlid said:

This is quite representative of the nadir of the comic industry in the 90's.  It was stuff like this (on your biggest selling title no less) that I attribute to getting me out of the hobby the first time.  No one older than six years of age could possibly take this cover any kind of serious.  I knew Marvel took a hit when their superstars left for Image, but man, it's like they went to a junior high and commissioned this from one of the students.  It's just so amateur.  You could tell they were really phoning it in at that point.

35-1.jpg

Hard to believe Liam Sharp drew that. He's done some good stuff.

2 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Hard to believe Liam Sharp drew that. He's done some good stuff.

I actually don't think it's "drawn" all that terrible, it's just what Cyclops would look like juiced up and Jean looks different too. Not the mainstay of when you think of the X-Men :preach:

7 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I actually don't think it's "drawn" all that terrible, it's just what Cyclops would look like juiced up and Jean looks different too. Not the mainstay of when you think of the X-Men :preach:

The 90's were all about da' Juice (thumbsu I'm surprised he's not rocking a Kentucky Waterfall like Supes here.....

SuperMullet.jpg.3617961b6c9b68f62167f1af0bf626bd.jpg

2 hours ago, Von Cichlid said:

The main problem I have with that cover is that it took me like 15 seconds to figure out what was happening.    

Right, it's garbage, but once you get it sorted out, you realize....

1 hour ago, 1950's war comics said:

I have several problems with that idiotic Batman cover.  One, how can a chainsaw with no blades cut anything-two, how can anyone operate a chainsaw with one hand-three why are the front and back cogs on the chainsaw in different perspectives and WHY cant the artist use an oval template-four how can the bat costume be inflated and hold steady so it can be cut in two??

Bingo. It's a real smorgasbord of shame.

4 hours ago, Marwood & I said:

OK,  I'm off to bed now.  I've got work tomorrow and everything. I shall dream of horrible comic covers and hope tomorrow to be horrifically surprised by the overnight offerings in my absence 

Well, this Diptych of Disgrace by Travis Charest should immediately ruin your day....

CharestGarbage.thumb.jpg.219ca74112577951757335c637881265.jpg

If you can somehow get past quadzilla's phat azz, ask yourself, self, why does Batman look like he keeps getting hit in the face with a sack of lemons? 

17 hours ago, Von Cichlid said:

The main problem I have with that cover is that it took me like 15 seconds to figure out what was happening.    

How many of the 15 were you in pain VC?

16 hours ago, Von Cichlid said:

35-1.jpg

Awful.

Who, or what, was Sunset Grace out of interest?

16 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

All valid points Craig, yes, but what about the weirdy eye? eye.PNG.56614932fb53365d2ce67bbaa61674a4.PNG