• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This cover is horrible, and anyone who says otherwise is a liar!
5 5

590 posts in this topic

Just now, Ken Aldred said:

Those are two of Byrne's best FF issues, not covers.

Phew. Good job I never judge a book by it's cover Ken. And look, no ABC jokes :D

4 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

You meant the Watcher didn't you rjrjrjrjr? :wink:

Yes, Watcher.  The guy who wears a robe and lives on the moon.  Shows you how long it's been since I've read a Marvel book. :sorry:

Edited by rjrjr

Just now, rjrjr said:

Yes, Watcher.  Shows you how long it's been since I've read a Marvel book. :sorry:

And shows you how much she looks like him! (thumbsu

7 hours ago, Marwood & I said:

Why limit it to drawing Buzz? :baiting:

Because one night when he and I went out, we let our egos get the better of us, competed in a series of events and activities and discovered that his art was the only thing where he was my better. 

Edited by Buzzetta

23 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

Hard to believe Liam Sharp drew that. He's done some good stuff.

I feel he same way about the Travis Charest stuff posted here. The difference between Liefeld and artists like Sharp, Charest etc is that the latter always tried to improve their art (as their later work shows). Liefeld said screw it, good enough!

What if....no one was "watching" the "watcher"?--- sounds like a mystery that is destined to go unsolved....

I can't decide which tv show inspired the cover, Dragon Ball Z or up in smoke?

Mama talka to me try to tell me how to live, but I don't listen to her cause my brain is like a sive 

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

What if....no one was "watching" the "watcher"?--- sounds like a mystery that is destined to go unsolved....

I can't decide which tv show inspired the cover, Dragon Ball Z or up in smoke?

Mama talka to me try to tell me how to live, but I don't listen to her cause my brain is like a sive 

I think it's referencing The Seven Year Itch :shy:

2 minutes ago, creaturefan95 said:

I think it's referencing The Seven Year Itch :shy:

Yes the one with Marilyn Monroe? I never did sit through that one.... but that's a classic, while this comic gets a woof instead of a howl :ohnoez:

5 hours ago, SameLame said:

I feel he same way about the Travis Charest stuff posted here. The difference between Liefeld and artists like Sharp, Charest etc is that the latter always tried to improve their art (as their later work shows). Liefeld said screw it, good enough!

Yup. Charest is now a superb artist, but when he started out he had a terrible Image Comics style.

I've been trying to remember a cover I saw that had some really bad, stumpy-looking figure work, but I suspect, maybe, I've been thinking about some of his interior artwork.