• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This cover is horrible, and anyone who says otherwise is a liar!
5 5

590 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

I really liked McFarlane at the time.

After reading the whole of Claremont's New X-Men run, soon afterwards, I decided to revisit Amazing Spider-Man, eventually reaching the Michelinie / McFarlane issues.

At first, he's quite consistent, and at the level of his run on Incredible Hulk, but, I sense that he starts to overextend himself once you get to issues where he's churning it out bi-monthly.  I often spotted an issue where the first few pages would be done quite well, but all of a sudden the artwork starts looking very rough, with poorly-considered poses and figurework.  It's also around this period that his character's faces start looking more and more flattened.

Yep, I can understand why he was liked. Just didn't work for me. Can't stand his MJ.

Image result for mcfarlane mj

Give me an Andru MJ any day! 

Image result for parker mj kissing airport

9 hours ago, Marwood & I said:
13 hours ago, letsgrumble said:

So proud to have slabbed this :luhv:

WonderWoman1987-088-CGC98U-0985894001.jpeg.2ed597db5701da7e3a4beddcc4fb069a.jpeg

:whatthe:

You'd think CGC would have referenced the significance accordingly wouldn't you: "Terrible mullet cover"

Often overlooked because of the mullet is the largeness of Wonder Woman's hand, which brings to mind another 1990's reference:

manhands.jpg.fad814c9cfee8155bbdf3eec873c6cc4.jpg

2 minutes ago, letsgrumble said:

Often overlooked because of the mullet is the largeness of Wonder Woman's hand, which brings to mind another 1990's reference:

Sorry...what.......? there's a hand you say...in the pic...ture.....sorry, what did you say again?

hasnd.PNG.16803eadc0887acb0f60c37e5ca27799.PNG

1 minute ago, Marwood & I said:
6 minutes ago, letsgrumble said:

Sorry...what.......? there's a hand you say...in the pic...ture.....sorry, what did you say again?

hasnd.PNG.16803eadc0887acb0f60c37e5ca27799.PNG

Talons.jpg.4c0b22ad0084a4a8ab979a19ab4b4dc0.jpg

Just now, letsgrumble said:

Al Milgrom. Nuff said.

This stoopid reactions system has just cost you a laughing like letsgrumble!

Capture.thumb.PNG.427ecc6c1bc528871b2103c6e6635aca.PNG

Yup. Hard to believe he was allowed to do so many covers back then.

Terrible covers.

As discussed earlier, that's subjective, and the Marvel editors must've thought differently.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Just now, Logan510 said:

Have you ever read the issue?

No. I've already said that terrible art stops me reading good stories. Pay attention Logan.

10 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Yup. Hard to believe he was allowed to do so many covers back then.

Terrible covers.

As discussed earlier, that's subjective, and the Marvel editors must've thought differently.

Nah. He was cheap.

Just now, Marwood & I said:

No. I've already said that terrible art stops me reading good stories. Pay attention Logan.

So why get offended when I said  the word “ignorant”? Opinions can be wrong, especially uneducated opinions 2c

Just now, Logan510 said:

So why get offended when I said  the word “ignorant”? Opinions can be wrong, especially uneducated opinions 2c

We're ignorant and uneducated Ken! I do like these under the table insults. Well, not literally because I'm out of them. Will he go for the hat-trick I wonder?

2 minutes ago, letsgrumble said:

For you children of the 1990s, this Fantastic Four gimmick cover has it all.

Foil wrap, big guns, Sue Storm cleavage (through cut-out "4"), Ben Grimm looking like the Gimp, and more!  

I'm including one of these with my next CGC sub.

Fantastic_Four_Vol_1_375.thumb.jpg.fae5fbbae245f3fd03b1b2ecccd7389a.jpg

How much do you think that gun weighs? hm

Just now, RockMyAmadeus said:

:popcorn:

Alright Rock! Howsit going? :)

Why you blanking my 1999-2000 variant thread? It's very rude you know. I called you twice with an @ thing and everything. 

1 minute ago, Marwood & I said:

Only monetarily.

He was available, working in the Marvel offices he could easily turn out work on extremely short deadlines.

Bob Layton has said the same about why he was given so many covers in the 80’s, he lived right near the offices.