• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA is CLOSED
3 3

219 posts in this topic

All right,  it  looks like  there's  sufficient  interest  for  me  to  blast  through  the  stuff  in  the basement  and put  together  a fun  thread
of  nice  pieces  and  parts.  

Look  for  something  to  start  along  toward  the  end of  the month.  

In the meanwhile,  let's  get  started  with  today's  hi-jinx.   First   item  up  shortly. 

Offering  up  an unique  item. 

Complete  set  of  four   printers  plates  for  the  front  cover  to  Classic  Illustrated's  The World  Around  Us  #5,   Space

All  four  plates,  black,  red,  yellow  and cyan,   made out  of  copper  and  HEAVY.  These  were  made to  run  on  an intanglio  (sp?) printing
press,   with  a  huge  printing  pressure,   and  are  deeply  and  very  finely  engraved,  and are gorgeous  in person.

The  scans  don't do  them  justice,   so  I'm going  to  try  to  get  some  close up pix  to  get you   a little  better idea.

On the scans,  the vertical   streaks  are   from  the  scanner,   they're not  on  the plates.   Pix to  follow.  I flipped  two  of 
the images  to  give  you  a  little  better  idea of  the original  cover  too. 

As  heavy  as  these  are,   they'll  still  fit inside  a  flat rate medium  Priority  box,  so shipping  for  this  item  will  be  $15

Asking  $200  for  this  one-of-a-kind   set. 

H9fFaMa.jpg

lw1Cn3G.jpg

avirixO.jpg

y8HtxV5.jpg

4 hours ago, catrick339 said:

Well,  there's  one  enthusiastic  "YES"

Anyone  else?

I'm just interested in the genitals and the horns.

On 1/15/2018 at 1:25 PM, catrick339 said:

Spectacular  Features 3

Oboy,   Fox Bad  Girls!

Lower  staple   still  hanging  on  to   cover  by  a  whisker,   otherwise  tight  with  plenty  of  general  wear,  lotsa  big
dogears   BC,   upper  staple  is   a  bit  rusty  with  one  small  spot  of  migration.  Offwhite  pages.  

Grab  a  bucketful  of  crime  for $25

QYw1RKI.jpg

Take it at $15.

Got  a  decent  blow up off  one of the  scans,   will  give  you  a  hint  of  the  fine  detail  on  these  beauties,. 

BNSVL16.jpg

The Comics  Journal 35

From  back  in  the  tabloid  days,  before  Gary  Groth  took  it  to  the slicks!

Two  sections,   first  sheet  on  first  section  has  a 4"  split  along  the  LH  edge, you may  be  able  to  see  a  touch of it
in  the  scan. 

Interesting  fan  magazine  from  40  years  back.

Asking  $10

yWcqLYN.jpg

5 hours ago, catrick339 said:

That's  the  way  to  do it,  folks!  Dig  through  that  recap  and find  those  bargains. 

While I  have  everyone's  attention,   I  have  a  question  for  the  crowd.   The  pieces  and  parts  that  have  accumulated
in the  basement  are  filled  to  overflowing,  I  have  over  three  stuffed  magazine  boxes  of  pieces  and  parts. 

Plenty  of  GA  and  50's  plus  nice  SA  books,   all  incomplete  in  one   way  or  another.   

Coverless,   CF  or  other  page out,    complete  cover  wraps,  front  covers  only,   bits  and  pieces  of  all  different  sorts. 

Would  anyone  be  interested  in  a  thread  of  that sort?  Everything  from  Amazing  Spider-Man 1  with  a  couple  folds  missing  but
both  first  fold  and  CF  still  there  to  a  coverless  Avengers 4  to   an early  Wonder  Comics  and   Worlds  Finest  2  complete
cover  wraps,  plus  plenty  of  other  lesser  but  interesting  oddballs.   

I'd  like  to  thin  the herd,  but  don't know  if  there's  enough  interest  to  start  a  separate  thread. 

Let me know your thoughts. 

I'd be interested! 

Airboy V8 #1

BB hole through  entire book  in logo,  plenty  of  general  wear, split upper  spine. 

And  here's  a puzzler.   Cover  says  52 pages,  but  the  interior  is  only  40.  So,  two  folds  missing,  right?   Only  the  contents 
line  up  PRECISELY   with  the  listing  in the Grand  Comics  Database.    Personally,   I think  it's  complete,  unless  somebody
with  another  copy  can  confirm  the  page  count. 

Either  way,   asking  $15

jtiHBzU.jpg

The Perfect  Crime 10

Tape repairs  inside  FC  at  both staples, general  wear,  but  tight  with  cream - offwhite  pages.   

Asking  $25

BqY24ze.jpg

1 hour ago, catrick339 said:

Offering  up  an unique  item. 

Complete  set  of  four   printers  plates  for  the  front  cover  to  Classic  Illustrated's  The World  Around  Us  #5,   Space

All  four  plates,  black,  red,  yellow  and cyan,   made out  of  copper  and  HEAVY.  These  were  made to  run  on  an intanglio  (sp?) printing
press,   with  a  huge  printing  pressure,   and  are  deeply  and  very  finely  engraved,  and are gorgeous  in person.

The  scans  don't do  them  justice,   so  I'm going  to  try  to  get  some  close up pix  to  get you   a little  better idea.

On the scans,  the vertical   streaks  are   from  the  scanner,   they're not  on  the plates.   Pix to  follow.  I flipped  two  of 
the images  to  give  you  a  little  better  idea of  the original  cover  too. 

As  heavy  as  these  are,   they'll  still  fit inside  a  flat rate medium  Priority  box,  so shipping  for  this  item  will  be  $15

Asking  $200  for  this  one-of-a-kind   set. 

H9fFaMa.jpg

lw1Cn3G.jpg

avirixO.jpg

y8HtxV5.jpg

Unique stuff like this gets me every time.   :takeit:

Approved  Comics  3,   Wild Boy  of  The Congo

Reprints  issue  11 from 1954

Tape,   chips, corner off  FC, wear and  tear

Reader  for  $5

f2YOdjz.jpg

Walt Disney's Comics  and Stories 140

Plenty of general wear,   couple  small  stains, a couple  stacking  waves, but  tight  with offwhite pages.
And  there's  the  whole  family,  Donald  in  a  rage,  the  nephews,   and money man  Uncle  Scrooge
keeping  score!

$10 takes it.   SOLD!

7D4I7qW.jpg

Edited by catrick339