• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA is CLOSED
3 3

219 posts in this topic

SO!  Being  a  retiree  from   the  plumbing  wholesale  biz  for  five  whole  days  now,   and it being  a  horrid  week  of  weather  here in the  Wilds  of  Michigan, 
I've  decided  to  amuse  myself  for  a  couple  days with  a  sales  thread  while  I  wait  for  the  outside  temperature  to  rise  above 12  degrees,  lol

DA RULEZ
I'll put up a big scan of the FC,  note anything else I spot,  and as always,  if you'd like a scan
of the  back cover I'll be happy to  supply it.

Shipping to USA preferred, but if you want something sent to Canada or overseas PM me
and we'll work something out.

:takeit: rules the roost,  but PM's, kibitzing,  and general tomfoolery  are welcome.

$7  Priority flat shipping to the USA,  one book or a stack.  Canada or overseas to be determined. 

For the bargainminded  I can ship one or two books  First Class for  $4

CHECK OR MONEY ORDER  PREFERRED, I just plain out don't like paypal. 

If you just GOTTA pay with paypal  PM me and we'll work something out.

Returns for any reason on your dime,  and  for any missed major  flaw or bad description on my dime.

My Kudos thread:
Here we go!

Thrilling  Crime  Cases 44

Great  L B  Cole  cover,   but  the  critters  have  been  at  the upper  RH  corner of the book.  Every  single  leaf  has  at  least  a  nip
out  of  it, right on up  to  the  back  cover  which  is  intact.   First  two  leaves  have  small  bites  out  of  the  art,  but  the  mouses  had
the  kindness  to  not  touch  either   the  word balloons  or  the  captions,   so  the  story  is  intact. 

Grab  a  solid  reader  that  displays  well for  $20

ErDNKO3.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Showcase 23,  second  Silver  Age  Green   Lantern

Nice  reader  copy,  with three pieces of old  tape  on  lower  spine,   small corner  off  upper  LH  FC,  small matching  piece off   first  fold. 
Tight  interior  with  offwhite - white pages.  displays  nicely  for  the  grade.  

O'street G is  $197,  asking  $150  SOLD!

zPjN7Rr.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Uncle  Scrooge 16

Dug  this  out  juuuust  too  late  for  the Christmas  FC,  and the  Happy New Year  BC,   :D

Couple  teensy  chips out   upper  RH  FC,   bit  of  general  wear,  and that's  an  embossed  notary  public  stamp
lower  RH  FC.   

Grab  a  nice  lower  grade  for  $25  SOLD!

FV8xYdO.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Smash Comics 49

Pencil  FC,  small pieces out  upper  and  lower  spine,  small tear   LH  BC,  tight with  white pages. 
Interior  count  is  56 pages,  according  to   GCD  this  is  complete.  

Asking  $30  SOLD!

WhAFMS2.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Atom-Age Combat  #1,   1952

Spine  completely  taped,  corner  off  lower  RH  FC,  general  wear.  Chips out  upper  edge BC,  and  there's  another one of
those   notary  republic  embossments  lower  RH  FC,  a  couple  more  lower  edge  BC.  Tight  with  white pages.

Asking  $40

iXUyy1H.jpg

Pep Comics 74

Small  piece out  upper  edge  FC, small corner off  lower  RH  BC,  small  split  upper  spine.   General  wear,  coupon  clipped  last  page  (ad  page)

Nice  reader  for  $10  SOLD!

6OIlfL1.jpg

Edited by catrick339

The Perfect  Crime  #1

Nibbles along upper  edge  FC,  bites  along  RH  edge  FC,  real  chews  along  lower  LH  edge BC,  corner  chew   lower   RH  corner  BC. 

None of the chaws  BC  come  anywhere  near  the  art.  CF  is  loose,    pulled  lower  staple on cover.  

Grab  a  hot  mess  that  displays  nicely  for  $30

56VLUsg.jpg

Nellie the Nurse 13

CF loose,   split  lower  spine,   lower staple  hanging  by  a  sliver,    chips out here  and  there,   general  wear. 

Nice  display  on  a  lowgrader,  cream - offwhite  pages., 

$20  takes it. SOLD!

EnIfSv2.jpg

Edited by catrick339

All  right,  here's  the Big  Gun  for  the  thread.  

Crime  Patrol 15

First  appearance  of  The  Crypt  Keeper,   this is  the  title  and  story  that  starts  it  all.

Great  looking  copy  with   a  couple  flaws.    I'm  posting  FC,   BC,  and  an  enlargement  of  one  small  section  of  the BC,
because  I'm  asking   a  pretty  aggressive  price  for  this  one.

Front  cover  is  sharp,    good  gloss,   minor  general  wear,   and    short  sub-type  crease  that  doesn't  break  color, 
you have  to  hold  it  just  so  in  the  light  to  see it.  

Back  cover is  just  as  glossy,   but  has  a  few  small   rust  migrations  from  other  books  along  spine,  and mid-spine  there  is  an  
apx.  1/4 x 1 piece out,  looks like   a  mouse  or  bug  chew  to  me,   see  the  third  image.  

4.0?  3.5?  4.5?  If it doesn't  sell  I'll have    it  pressed  and  slabbed.   Interior  is  tight  with offwhite - white  pages.  

A 5.0 recently  sold  for  $3000 according  to  GPA  analysis.

I'm  asking  $1200,  firm,  or  I'll  send it out  for  the  press  and  the  grade.  SOLD!

artoGKV.jpg

Nk0qoB1.jpg

iHpw1Wp.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Archie's Christmas  Stocking 6

Flat  and  square,   tight,   white  pages.  Some  general  wear,  and   distributor  overspray  along  a  quarter  inch,   RH  edge  BC. 

Nice one  for  $75

RQbrslt.jpg

5 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

All  right,  here's  the Big  Gun  for  the  thread.  

Crime  Patrol 15

First  appearance  of  The  Crypt  Keeper,   this is  the  title  and  story  that  starts  it  all.

Great  looking  copy  with   a  couple  flaws.    I'm  posting  FC,   BC,  and  an  enlargement  of  one  small  section  of  the BC,
because  I'm  asking   a  pretty  aggressive  price  for  this  one.

Front  cover  is  sharp,    good  gloss,   minor  general  wear,   and    short  sub-type  crease  that  doesn't  break  color, 
you have  to  hold  it  just  so  in  the  light  to  see it.  

Back  cover is  just  as  glossy,   but  has  a  few  small   rust  migrations  from  other  books  along  spine,  and mid-spine  there  is  an  
apx.  1/4 x 1 piece out,  looks like   a  mouse  or  bug  chew  to  me,   see  the  third  image.  

4.0?  3.5?  4.5?  If it doesn't  sell  I'll have    it  pressed  and  slabbed.   Interior  is  tight  with offwhite - white  pages.  

A 5.0 recently  sold  for  $3000 according  to  GPA  analysis.

I'm  asking  $1200,  firm,  or  I'll  send it out  for  the  press  and  the  grade.  

artoGKV.jpg

Nk0qoB1.jpg

iHpw1Wp.jpg

I'll take it

Tegra Jungle Empress  #1

1948  Fox  Jungle   Girl,    what's  not  to  love?  Becomes  Zegra  with  second  issue.

Flat  and  square  enough,   with  general  wear,   and  the  upper  staple  is  rusty  with  a  whiff  of  migration. 
1"  split  upper  spine,   1/4"  split  lower  spine,  light  water   RH  edge  FC.  

Zegra,  excuse  me,  Tegra  story plus Rocket  Kelly   and  a  Blue  Beetle  ten  pager.  
Interior  is  tight  with  offwhite pages. 

Asking   $75

9mi0030.jpg

Animal  Comics 13

General  wear  on  a  flat  copy,    white  pages,   pulled  upper  staple  on  CF.

Grab  yourself  some  Walt  Kelly  goodness  for  $15  SOLD!

HGBHtnD.jpg

Edited by catrick339

1 minute ago, Shrevvy said:

It's been a while since I won a book in one of Rick's threads. Feels good.

(Gestures  magnanimously  at  balance  of  thread)  
By all  means   help yourself!

:D

Just now, catrick339 said:

(Gestures  magnanimously  at  balance  of  thread)  
By all  means   help yourself!

:D

I hope to! It wasn't for lack of trying in past threads...

Hope your weather isn't too bad up there. I am supposed to be heading to Detroit tomorrow.