• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA is CLOSED
3 3

219 posts in this topic

On 1/15/2018 at 8:06 PM, catrick339 said:

Here  we  go,   last  book  for  the  evening.

Archie's  Pals 'N' Gals 10

Tight,   super glossy,   square,  flat except  for  a  little  stacking  wobble  along  the   RH  edge,  which I  believe  would  press  out
like  a  dream.  Spine  is  very  pretty,  pages  are  bone  white.   Bit  of   distributor  overspray  on  outside  edge,  all three open  sides. 

Asking  $75,  and if  it  doesn't  sell  this  one  gets  a  press  and  a  slab.

RynbP4U.jpg

:takeit:

GOOD  MORNING!  

RECAP WITH DISCOUNTS

Here's  what's  left  as  of   early  Thursday  AM, most  have  a  new  discount  price.

PAGE 1

Thrilling  Crime 44  $20  now  $15   SOLD!
Showcase 23  $150  now  $100   SOLD!
Atom Age Combat 1  $40  now  $30
Pep 74  $10  now $5  SOLD!
The  Perfect  Crime 1  $30  now  $20
Archie's  Christmas  Stocking 6  $75  now  $60
Tegra 1 $75  now  $50

PAGE 2

Spectacular  Features 3  $25  now  $15
Captain Midnight 13  $125  now  $100
Crime  Patrol  16  $150,  reduced to  $125,  now  $100
Master Comics 46,  Hitler  story  $20  now  $15
Archie's  Joke  Book 22  $20  now  $15  SOLD!
Mystery  In  Space 55   $45  STILL  $45
Lash  Larue 61  $35  now  $25

PAGE 3

Cookie 49  $15  now  $10
Peter  Pan  Treasury  $50  now  $40
Crime  Fighters 9  $15  STILL    $15

PAGE 4

Four  Marvel  transfers  1975  $50  now  $40
Uncle  Scrooge 7  $15  now  $10
Texas  Rangers 11  $30  now  $20
Justice  Traps The Guilty  V1 #5 $35  now  $25
Dark Shadows  Dan Curtis Giveaway  $20  now  $15
Mysteries of  Unexplored  Worlds  4  $25  now  $20

PAGE 5

Durango  Kid  25  $5 STILL  $5
Tracy 109  $15  now  $10

PAGE 6

Strange  Adventures 124  $25 STILL  $25
Archie's  Pals  N  Gals 11  $30  now  $20  SOLD!
Tales  of the Unexpected 2  $20  now  $15
Edited by catrick339

Huh.  I though  sure  I'd  entice  someone  into   snagging   a  few  of  those  discounted  books  in  the  recap. 

Just  goes  to  show,  this  crowd  knows  what  it  likes,    and  buys  what  it  wants.  Kudos!

The  plan  is  to  be back  online   late  afternoon  or  early  evening  to   list  another 30  or  so  items,   and 
send out  invoices   tomorrow.  See you  all back here around  5 PM,  plus  or minus. 

You  kids  play  nice  now!

That's  the  way  to  do it,  folks!  Dig  through  that  recap  and find  those  bargains. 

While I  have  everyone's  attention,   I  have  a  question  for  the  crowd.   The  pieces  and  parts  that  have  accumulated
in the  basement  are  filled  to  overflowing,  I  have  over  three  stuffed  magazine  boxes  of  pieces  and  parts. 

Plenty  of  GA  and  50's  plus  nice  SA  books,   all  incomplete  in  one   way  or  another.   

Coverless,   CF  or  other  page out,    complete  cover  wraps,  front  covers  only,   bits  and  pieces  of  all  different  sorts. 

Would  anyone  be  interested  in  a  thread  of  that sort?  Everything  from  Amazing  Spider-Man 1  with  a  couple  folds  missing  but
both  first  fold  and  CF  still  there  to  a  coverless  Avengers 4  to   an early  Wonder  Comics  and   Worlds  Finest  2  complete
cover  wraps,  plus  plenty  of  other  lesser  but  interesting  oddballs.   

I'd  like  to  thin  the herd,  but  don't know  if  there's  enough  interest  to  start  a  separate  thread. 

Let me know your thoughts. 

8 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

That's  the  way  to  do it,  folks!  Dig  through  that  recap  and find  those  bargains. 

While I  have  everyone's  attention,   I  have  a  question  for  the  crowd.   The  pieces  and  parts  that  have  accumulated
in the  basement  are  filled  to  overflowing,  I  have  over  three  stuffed  magazine  boxes  of  pieces  and  parts. 

Plenty  of  GA  and  50's  plus  nice  SA  books,   all  incomplete  in  one   way  or  another.   

Coverless,   CF  or  other  page out,    complete  cover  wraps,  front  covers  only,   bits  and  pieces  of  all  different  sorts. 

Would  anyone  be  interested  in  a  thread  of  that sort?  Everything  from  Amazing  Spider-Man 1  with  a  couple  folds  missing  but
both  first  fold  and  CF  still  there  to  a  coverless  Avengers 4  to   an early  Wonder  Comics  and   Worlds  Finest  2  complete

I'd  like  to  thin  the herd,  but  don't know  if  there's  enough  interest  to  start  a  separate  thread. 

Yes!

41 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Another yes here.

1 hour ago, entalmighty1 said:

You might help some people complete things, you never know!

Don't have a centerfold for a Cap 7 do you? :wishluck: 

Alas,  practically  zero  on  Timely hero  bits,   for  sure  no  Cap 7.   I  DO  have  a late  Marvel  Mystery  with  a  centerfold  out  though.