• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVATAR 2 THE WAY OF WATER starring Sam Worthington (2022)
2 2

833 posts in this topic

Just now, Bosco685 said:

emotion02.gif.938d733d70db67ca1da14773d1a426e6.gif

Admit it. You melted in his eyes the first time you saw this. (:

My eyes may have already been closed and my mouth a snoring Venus fly trap by then.

The writing was so bland, and characters so meaningless, that I honestly couldn't tell you a single thing that happened.

5 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

My eyes may have already been closed and my mouth a snoring Venus fly trap by then.

The writing was so bland, and characters so meaningless, that I honestly couldn't tell you a single thing that happened.

I'm not saying the story was original, or unique. It could be said this was just repeat messaging from similar stories concerning invaders taking over a land by force for its resources.

I just enjoyed it more than you. But certainly no emotional attachment. I just don't get the strong dislike from some.

Just now, Bosco685 said:

I'm not saying the story was original, or unique. It could be said this was just repeat messaging from similar stories concerning invaders taking over a land by force for its resources.

I just enjoyed it more than you. But certainly no emotional attachment. I just don't get the strong dislike from some.

I think we're counteracting the hype. It gets so much hype for its visuals and I feel the need to detract from it by stating how bland everything else is. Obviously, visuals do not make a good movie alone. They're overrated, in full context of the entire movie, though.

A movie like Doctor Strange, while it's "formula" is familiar, combines IMO fantastic visuals with meaningful and independent storytelling.

2 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I think we're counteracting the hype. It gets so much hype for its visuals and I feel the need to detract from it by stating how bland everything else is. Obviously, visuals do not make a good movie alone. They're overrated, in full context of the entire movie, though.

A movie like Doctor Strange, while it's "formula" is familiar, combines IMO fantastic visuals with meaningful and independent storytelling.

So it elicited strong emotions from you. That is impressive.

:banana:

On 5/15/2019 at 12:43 PM, Bosco685 said:

I just don't get the strong dislike from some.

I can honestly say I have a love/hate relationship with this movie. The “villains” are such comical stereotypes. “Let’s go burn down some villages, Murika!”  Please hate us and love the wide eyed Smurfs. Hammered subtlety. I like my villains with depth and real purpose to the point where you could almost understand their motivations. Cameron gave me Terminator, Aliens and the Abyss so he gets a pass for life but I hope he delivers better Avatars than the original in the future. Oh wait, didn’t Avatar make like two point google at the box office? I am just an ant, don’t listen to me. Deliver to the masses, I would.

7 hours ago, Red84 said:

With all the sequels already planned, its going to be pretty funny when Avatar 2 bombs.

(And yes, "bombs" is relative, but in this case I expect it to make less than a billion worldwide. In the age of Marvel, there's no room for Avatar 2, 3, 4, ...)

Honestly, I saw the first picture it was ok and liked it. I really though haven't been on the edge of my seat waiting for a sequel, yet alone 3 more sequels. Not saying the first picture was bad,but kind of agree with you that the sequels won't set the box office on fire. I kind of get a manufactured hype feel to this like we are all suppose to be really be excited for sequels for this like we naturally feel for Star Wars and Marvel sequel movies.