AVATAR 2 and beyond from James Cameron (12/18/20)
0

43 posts in this topic

82,495 posts
3 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Avatar sucked.

Might be more boring than Solo.

emotion02.gif.938d733d70db67ca1da14773d1a426e6.gif

Admit it. You melted in his eyes the first time you saw this. (:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,600 posts
Just now, Bosco685 said:

emotion02.gif.938d733d70db67ca1da14773d1a426e6.gif

Admit it. You melted in his eyes the first time you saw this. (:

My eyes may have already been closed and my mouth a snoring Venus fly trap by then.

The writing was so bland, and characters so meaningless, that I honestly couldn't tell you a single thing that happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
82,495 posts
5 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

My eyes may have already been closed and my mouth a snoring Venus fly trap by then.

The writing was so bland, and characters so meaningless, that I honestly couldn't tell you a single thing that happened.

I'm not saying the story was original, or unique. It could be said this was just repeat messaging from similar stories concerning invaders taking over a land by force for its resources.

I just enjoyed it more than you. But certainly no emotional attachment. I just don't get the strong dislike from some.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,600 posts
Just now, Bosco685 said:

I'm not saying the story was original, or unique. It could be said this was just repeat messaging from similar stories concerning invaders taking over a land by force for its resources.

I just enjoyed it more than you. But certainly no emotional attachment. I just don't get the strong dislike from some.

I think we're counteracting the hype. It gets so much hype for its visuals and I feel the need to detract from it by stating how bland everything else is. Obviously, visuals do not make a good movie alone. They're overrated, in full context of the entire movie, though.

A movie like Doctor Strange, while it's "formula" is familiar, combines IMO fantastic visuals with meaningful and independent storytelling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
82,495 posts
2 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I think we're counteracting the hype. It gets so much hype for its visuals and I feel the need to detract from it by stating how bland everything else is. Obviously, visuals do not make a good movie alone. They're overrated, in full context of the entire movie, though.

A movie like Doctor Strange, while it's "formula" is familiar, combines IMO fantastic visuals with meaningful and independent storytelling.

So it elicited strong emotions from you. That is impressive.

:banana:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,600 posts
1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

So it elicited strong emotions from you. That is impressive.

:banana:

I would say "weak apathy" if anything.

Are you lookin' for one of these?

knuckle-sandwich.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
82,495 posts
8 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I would say "weak apathy" if anything.

Are you lookin' for one of these?

knuckle-sandwich.jpg

:roflmao:

emotion02.gif.26231772004ea696a7cda1bd1bfa6c22.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
82,495 posts

Man, she is eyeing that sandwich like her last meal.

:insane:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,090 posts
On 5/15/2019 at 12:43 PM, Bosco685 said:

I just don't get the strong dislike from some.

I can honestly say I have a love/hate relationship with this movie. The “villains” are such comical stereotypes. “Let’s go burn down some villages, Murika!”  Please hate us and love the wide eyed Smurfs. Hammered subtlety. I like my villains with depth and real purpose to the point where you could almost understand their motivations. Cameron gave me Terminator, Aliens and the Abyss so he gets a pass for life but I hope he delivers better Avatars than the original in the future. Oh wait, didn’t Avatar make like two point google at the box office? I am just an ant, don’t listen to me. Deliver to the masses, I would.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,729 posts

With all the sequels already planned, its going to be pretty funny when Avatar 2 bombs.

(And yes, "bombs" is relative, but in this case I expect it to make less than a billion worldwide. In the age of Marvel, there's no room for Avatar 2, 3, 4, ...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28,349 posts
7 hours ago, Red84 said:

With all the sequels already planned, its going to be pretty funny when Avatar 2 bombs.

(And yes, "bombs" is relative, but in this case I expect it to make less than a billion worldwide. In the age of Marvel, there's no room for Avatar 2, 3, 4, ...)

Honestly, I saw the first picture it was ok and liked it. I really though haven't been on the edge of my seat waiting for a sequel, yet alone 3 more sequels. Not saying the first picture was bad,but kind of agree with you that the sequels won't set the box office on fire. I kind of get a manufactured hype feel to this like we are all suppose to be really be excited for sequels for this like we naturally feel for Star Wars and Marvel sequel movies.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
82,495 posts

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
82,495 posts

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,657 posts
On 5/15/2019 at 11:43 AM, Bosco685 said:

I just don't get the strong dislike from some.

I can sum up my disdain for this movie in one word ...unobtainium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
82,495 posts
2 hours ago, szav said:

I can sum up my disdain for this movie in one word ...unobtainium.

(:

We'll bulldoze their forest down soon to save Earth. Just you wait and see!

:insane:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
82,495 posts

I recognize there is a large Avatar community on here because it gets mentions so frequently.

:shy:

Edited by Bosco685

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
82,495 posts

I know - you are all hungry for Avatar news. Good on that team they are doing reader relations far in advance of any sequel release with the comic book fans.

:insane:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,098 posts

The reason I went and seen the first Avatar was for the great 3D effects, now that the 3D faze has died down again, it will be interesting to see how this goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
82,495 posts

:whatthe:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
0