• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New book goes into bank safe deposit box, one must leave. YOU DECIDE!!
3 3

55 posts in this topic

Bank Safe Deposit Box holds only nine CGC slabs. Just received Flash 123 6.5. That goes into box. One book must exit to make room. Pick one from below that MUST GO (back to my closet by my underwear drawer with my other 4 short boxes:

Strange Tales #110 3.5 OW/W

Dark Knight Returns #1 First Printing 9.8 WP

Dark Knight Returns #1 First Printing 9.6 WP  SS Miller/Janson

X-Men #94 9.4 OW/W

Giant Size X-Men #1 9.2 OW/W

House Of Secrets #92 8.0 WP

Marvel Premiere #47 9.8 WP

Amazing Spiderman #129 8.0 OW/W

Tales To Astonish #27 7.5 Cream to OW

That' a toughy.... I would think if you must then pick one of the dkr 

I might work out a deal with you via pm for the ASM 129... to unburden you (shrug)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
Auto correct

I know on a strictly monetary value scale the DKRs shouldn't be in there. Those were just some HUGE books for me, and Miller was the man. Perhaps the SS 9.6 DKR should go. 

I forget what I have in the ASM 129. ?? I started out with a 7.5 and traded up and some cash, regardless, I'm sure it was a bad deal for me. The only traction I believe I've ever made is with the HOS 92 and that's just cause it's hot now. I'm not gonna sell it for 25 years or so, It'll crash by then. I need to sell NOW. 

2 minutes ago, NoMan said:

I know on a strictly monetary value scale the DKRs shouldn't be in there. Those were just some HUGE books for me, and Miller was the man. Perhaps the SS 9.6 DKR should go. 

I forget what I have in the ASM 129. ?? I started out with a 7.5 and traded up and some cash, regardless, I'm sure it was a bad deal for me. The only traction I believe I've ever made is with the HOS 92 and that's just cause it's hot now. I'm not gonna sell it for 25 years or so, It'll crash by then. I need to sell NOW. 

I remember you had a story with the dkr or mentioning it before. 

18 hours ago, NoMan said:

Bank Safe Deposit Box holds only nine CGC slabs. Just received Flash 123 6.5. That goes into box. One book must exit to make room. Pick one from below that MUST GO (back to my closet by my underwear drawer with my other 4 short boxes:

X-Men #94 9.4 OW/W

DKR 1 9.6 should go in your house ! I thought you meant what should go in the  deposit box when I said X-men!!

Edited by comics4all

9 hours ago, NoMan said:

X-Men #94 9.4 OW/W

MP 47 goes. 

What size is the box?  

8 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

Have you thought about investing in a safe?

I dig what you're saying, but the CGC comics are essentially worthless (from a reading standpoint being encased in plastic and all) so what's the deal with having them near me? In addition, my second hobby (or 4th, really) is Bank Safe Deposit Boxes so I very much enjoy the ambience of a good Bank Safe Deposit Box area. 99.9% of my collection is raw. I own maybe 12 slabs. 

I'd go with the cheapest to replace since I assume the intent of the box is to prevent theft and loss in a fire.  I've not looked at GPA but I'd thing the DK 1 SS 9.6 would be cheapest but maybe the MP 47 CGC 9.8.

Easy decision for me. I would pull Dark Knight Returns #1 First Printing 9.6 WP  SS Miller/Janson.