• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode IX December 20, 2019
6 6

2,429 posts in this topic

Because we can never have too many Star Wars threads... Figured I would start the thread for the next and final chapter of the Skywalker saga.   

Try to keep discussion of Episode 8 out of it (hint the debate) unless it is linked to Episode 9 discussion. 

Remember kiddies... rumors are fun... spoilers are bad. 

Returning: 

• JJ Abrams (Biggest character of them all)
  • John Williams
  • C-3PO
  • R2-D2
  • Chewbacca
  • Kylo Ren
  • Rey 
  • Finn
  • Poe Dameron
  • Luke Skywalker (Possible)

Quite a few have discussed that the best way to deal with the death of Fisher is to do a flash forward (which is the norm in Star Wars) and write away the passing of Leia. 

• Time between Episode I (The Phantom Menace) and Episode II (Attack of the Clones): 10 years
  • Time between Episode II and Episode III (Revenge of the Sith): Three years
  • Time between Episode III and Episode IV (A New Hope): 19 years
  • Time between Episode IV and Episode V (The Empire Strikes Back): Three years
  • Time between Episode V and Episode VI (Return of the Jedi): One year
  • Time between Episode VI and Episode VII (The Force Awakens): 30 years
  • Time between Episode VII and Episode VIII (The Last Jedi): Like, two seconds

https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Time-Jump-Star-Wars-Episode-9-44452675

It hasn't even made 5 billion at the box office.   The movie stinks.  After all the bad stuff in Ep 8, I didn't think they could screw it up any further, but they did.   Not my Star Wars.   :mad:

(That's a future review!)  

Unlike ROTJ and Sith, there isn't a real hook that makes Episode IX feel like a must see movie. Of course I'll see it opening day like all of the other SW movies, but I'm not on the edge of my seat waiting for the next chapter. 

I can just see it now. This movie will have Rey juggling light-sabres while riding a magical unicorn that breathes fire, into battle against Kylo Ren where he does nothing but slip on banana peels and step on rakes. Poe spends the movie making prank calls to the first order, each time ending with Hux shaking his fist at the phone "WHY, YOU!!!!" as he slams the receiver down. Finn gets a vital mission to save the rebellion. He somehow trips and falls into a storage unit which locks behind him, he spends the rest of the movie trying to climb his way out.  Luke appears in astral form moping around about how there's nothing to do and "he's BORED" as he sulks with his headphones on. The film comes to a head with Leia (CGI) reaching out with the force and simultaneously blows up all first order ships in the galaxy. She then opens up a new Jedi temple with the Porgs as its first students. And after the credits, we will have a scene with all them sitting around a table eating falafel in silence. Fanboys will come out the theater in tears "FINALLY, A STAR WARS MOVIE THAT SPEAKS TO ME!"

Paid Critic Score: 107.5%

Hope-to-be-paid-someday Critic Score: 109%

Edited by zhamlau