• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode IX December 20, 2019
6 6

2,429 posts in this topic

“Star Wars” stamp on future endeavors sounds like they’re Star Trek’ing the franchise.  Might not be the worst approach, at least in terms of monetizing the brand even further.

just really hoping this movie doesn’t turn out to be Return of the Return of the Jedi.  Saw a few ominous signs in the teaser though.

29 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

So they had to bring the Emperor back and revisit another Death Star.  So much for going in new directions.  Just wish they would have done this before instead of Ep. 8.

Though if they are treating this 9 movie arc as the "Skywalker" story doesn't it make sense? The Emperor was central to the downfall of the "family" and if the Emperor is tied to the deathstar (haunting it or whatever)

1 hour ago, miraclemet said:

Though if they are treating this 9 movie arc as the "Skywalker" story doesn't it make sense? The Emperor was central to the downfall of the "family" and if the Emperor is tied to the deathstar (haunting it or whatever)

I agree.  It just seems like TLJ will stand out even more as making no sense in the progression of the story.

Wait, wut?!?!?!  I haven't been keeping up with the Kardashians...been too busy with MCU threads.  But is the title really "The Rise Of Skywalker":facepalm:?  It better be Luke!!!

Also just watched the teaser/trailer (I don't know what the difference is these days) and it was "eh".  Show me some new robots, show me a bigger Star Destroyer, show me some weird looking aliens!  I think all the excitement has been systematically beaten out of me through years of disappointment:sorry:.

Edit:

And why are you running from a speeding vehicle?!?!?!  Starkiller took down a Star Destroyer with the force.  Use the force!!!

Edited by AnthonyTheAbyss
More venting

I can't wait to see it, I do wonder which Deathstar is the one in the movie is it the first one or second one. one of the theories going around now is that the movie is hinting on the rise of a new force order that goes by "Skywalker" but other theories say it's kylo redemption.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90331236/exclusive-j-j-abrams-on-star-wars-apple-and-building-bad-robot-into-a-hollywood-force

Interesting article where JJ Abrams admits what many fans have speculated.  

"While there are some threads of larger ideas and some big picture things that had been conceived decades ago and a lot of ideas that Lawrence Kasdan and I had when we were doing Episode VII, the lack of absolute inevitability, the lack of a complete structure for this thing, given the way it was being run was an enormous challenge."

2 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

https://www.fastcompany.com/90331236/exclusive-j-j-abrams-on-star-wars-apple-and-building-bad-robot-into-a-hollywood-force

Interesting article where JJ Abrams admits what many fans have speculated.  

"While there are some threads of larger ideas and some big picture things that had been conceived decades ago and a lot of ideas that Lawrence Kasdan and I had when we were doing Episode VII, the lack of absolute inevitability, the lack of a complete structure for this thing, given the way it was being run was an enormous challenge."

That is a VERY generous way to put it.