• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode IX December 20, 2019
6 6

2,429 posts in this topic

If Rey is the reincarnation of Anakin, it would make sense that Darth Sidious comes back to try turning her to the dark side again. Episode III Revenge of the Sith was the fall of Skywalker, so episode IX the Rise of Skywalker will be Anakin's chance at a do over as Rey. It's like Luke said, nobody is ever really gone.

21 minutes ago, chezmtghut said:

If Rey is the reincarnation of Anakin, it would make sense that Darth Sidious comes back to try turning her to the dark side again. Episode III Revenge of the Sith was the fall of Skywalker, so episode IX the Rise of Skywalker will be Anakin's chance at a do over as Rey. It's like Luke said, nobody is ever really gone.

Frankly that sounds worse than The Last Jedi.

After the butthurt that is TLJ, I was a little reluctant to click on this, but hell. This looks awesome!

I get the impression I can just pretend the last movie never happened, that would be awesome as well.

I think Rey is a great character (regardless of her being a skywalker or not) and I hope we she her reach her potential here.:wishluck:

JJ is the consummate entertainer but he is derivative, I hope he breaks some new ground here as well.:wishluck:

I'm in.

7 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

ok I may go see this because of Lando

where the F is R2?

Lando is the best thing about that trailer. But probably only because that shot seems to be a homage from one of the shots in Return of the Jedi. Yet it is making me want to see Solo now, which I've been very reluctant to watch.

I wonder about the title even though I haven't been pleased with any of the titles of the recent two movies when comparing them to the movie we received. I don't know who "rise" would be used for. I assume it will be Rey or a new generation of Skywalkers even though they didn't title it Rise of the Skywalkers. No way they are bringing back Anakin. They wouldn't be that crazy.

47 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

Well I just watched the trailer.  I'll have to wait for other trailers but at this point what I have seen isn't enough to make me want to go after sitting through the crapfest that was TLJ.

+1

I am interested to know the surprise behind, "Rise of Skywalker". I don't think it's Rey. Way too obvious.

7 hours ago, comics4all said:

Nothing is worse than TLJ!

im cautiously optimistic on this 

I want it to be good but who knows!

We can only hope nothing is worse than TLJ :wishluck:

I maintain my cautious optimism as well, but if this did turn out to be Anakin reincarnated as Rey to come back and battle Darth Emperor, fresh off his trip down the Death Star toilet, meh.  Unimaginative, and sounds a bit derived from South Park’s Scientology episode.  JJ would just need to intermittently work in some mad rhymes (and find a replacement for R. Kelly). 

4 hours ago, media_junkie said:

Well I just watched the trailer.  I'll have to wait for other trailers but at this point what I have seen isn't enough to make me want to go after sitting through the crapfest that was TLJ.

Agreed, TLJ was so bad that I'm not getting tricked again...  Unless Luke shows up and actually is awesome for over 2 hrs, I'm passing. 

For such an important/significant property, it's just shocking the director's were given so much freedom with the main story lines.  You would think the general framework of the trilogy would have been decided by Lucas Film up front and then let the creative teams tell the story while adhering to that framework. 

All it is has turned out to be is selling the brand name, rather than any quality; and we are left with a jumbled mess.  Iger put Star Wars films on hiatus after ROS because that isn't the Disney, Pixar, and Marvel Studios way.  

I'm still going to see ROS as I haven't quite reached my breaking point.  It would have to get Transformers (think I stopped seeing them after the 3rd Bay release) or last Fantastic Four bad for me to stop going.

2 hours ago, mattn792 said:

We can only hope nothing is worse than TLJ :wishluck:

I maintain my cautious optimism as well, but if this did turn out to be Anakin reincarnated as Rey to come back and battle Darth Emperor, fresh off his trip down the Death Star toilet, meh.  Unimaginative, and sounds a bit derived from South Park’s Scientology episode.  JJ would just need to intermittently work in some mad rhymes (and find a replacement for R. Kelly). 

Agreed. I never thought a SW movie could be as bad as TLJ so this could suck too!

it probably will be unoriginal but if they can make it fun that would be good

I heard they were gonna make Rey anakin in the TLJ so maybe they will go back to that plot point 

Oh well I will wait to see more trailers then decide if I see it at the movies or at Redbox!

6 hours ago, I like pie said:

+1

I am interested to know the surprise behind, "Rise of Skywalker". I don't think it's Rey. Way too obvious.

Don’t say way too obvious with these stupid movies! 

It’s crazy how they have put so little thought into these movies!!!!