• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode IX December 20, 2019
6 6

2,429 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, I like pie said:

+1

I am interested to know the surprise behind, "Rise of Skywalker". I don't think it's Rey. Way too obvious.

Don’t say way too obvious with these stupid movies! 

It’s crazy how they have put so little thought into these movies!!!!

Why does it bother people that Rey could be the reincarnation of Anakin? Did all of you call BS & say the original trilogy was bad because of the way Obi Wan dies without as much as a real fight against Darth Vader like we get in the prequels or when Yoda, Anakin & Obi Wan showed up as force ghosts? It was at that point they revealed that you can retain your original identity after merging into the force, now they'd be showing you can get another physical body as well. I wish there had been more of the original cast in these films as well, but I still enjoyed them all. Different Star Wars series will follow another formula but these trilogies were always about the Skywalkers & it was always Anakin that was destined to restore balance to the force. It would diverge from the original stories if it were anyone else.

Edited by chezmtghut

8 hours ago, chezmtghut said:

Why does it bother people that Rey could be the reincarnation of Anakin? Did all of you call BS & say the original trilogy was bad because of the way Obi Wan dies without as much as a real fight against Darth Vader like we get in the prequels or when Yoda, Anakin & Obi Wan showed up as force ghosts? It was at that point they revealed that you can retain your original identity after merging into the force, now they'd be showing you can get another physical body as well. I wish there had been more of the original cast in these films as well, but I still enjoyed them all. Different Star Wars series will follow another formula but these trilogies were always about the Skywalkers & it was always Anakin that was destined to restore balance to the force. It would diverge from the original stories if it were anyone else.

It wouldn't bother me at all. In fact, now that you say it it makes sense. Curious to see how it will play out.

20 hours ago, chezmtghut said:

I never called BS when OBI WAN died.  If anything, ROTJ and TLJ kind of explained it for everyone.  A Jedi can simply just vanish when death comes for them. Examples being Obi Wan, Yoda and Luke.  Obi Wan vanished standing up.  :whistle:

Honestly, this teaser was underwhelming to me. It showed off great visuals (to be expected), but was slow, and din't get me too hyped. That could be because of the fact that Endgame will be seen in less than 2 weeks, though...

The 2 main talking points, though, being the title and Palpatine's laugh... I don't even wanna bother thinking about, or discussing, these until after next weekend.

On 4/16/2019 at 12:26 AM, Azkaban said:

After the crapfest that was TLJ, this has got to be better :wishluck:

unless the masses end up calling it Star Wars IX-The False Hope. :) 

With Disney finally acquiring all Star Wars film and TV rights under one entity, sorry but my main excitement is now we could finally get an original Star Wars: Despecialized Edition without all those Lucas 'improvements'.

I just can't find the energy to get excited over the new material for some reason.

5 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

With Disney finally acquiring all Star Wars film and TV rights under one entity, sorry but my main excitement is now we could finally get an original Star Wars: Despecialized Edition without all those Lucas 'improvements'.

I just can't find the energy to get excited over the new material for some reason.

Get out of my brain.

9 minutes ago, Rip said:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-trailer-trolls-attack-eric-butts-191952340.html

It's great to see the community strike back at people that think its cool to act like super villians.

The one that got the most attention was the lady making fun of him for being a teary nerd.

The responses she has received have been epic. Let's just say even though she didn't care initially, after days I think the point was made. Be kinder.

Some people are a little overboard and weird with their reactions, but trolling someone for being passionate about Star Wars? Is this the 1980's?

One of the my coworkers always pokes me for being into comics/Star Wars/etc, but I know at-heart he's just having fun. I also don't take it heavily.

What a world we live in. The end can't come soon enough... lol

She continues to double down on her hateful comments.

Great to see the guy get some media coverage and interviews.

Also nice to see Mark Hamills comments

On 4/13/2019 at 5:09 AM, I like pie said:

I am interested to know the surprise behind, "Rise of Skywalker". I don't think it's Rey. Way too obvious.

The single biggest hint that JJ dropped for this in Force Awakens was Leia hugging Rey the very first time she saw her.  Why would she do that if she didn't feel some kinship to her?  The scene makes NO sense unless Leia already knows who Rey is since they were strangers up until that moment as far as Rey or the audience knows.  The fact that we also see Leia hugging Rey in this trailer seems to pick right back up with that same thread Abrams left lying around in the first film.

Same goes for Kylo's intense interest in her in Force Awakens.  From the moment that First Order commander tells Kylo that a girl helped BB-8 escape from Jakku he's oddly interested in who the girl is.  He's an obsessive guy so that could explain it, but that scene, too, along with all of his ongoing fondness for her makes far more sense if he's already aware of Rey for whatever reason, perhaps because they're both descendants of his idol, Anakin.

Edited by fantastic_four