• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode IX December 20, 2019
6 6

2,429 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, mattn792 said:

Trailer was lame as :censored:.  Loud noises and explosions forthcoming.  Hooray.  This will probably have A+ visuals with a D- plot.

But it will end up an A+ CinemaScore because hardcore Star Wars fans will feel obligated to 'protect the brand and Disney'. It's the Dark Force way!

0bdc22afaab8698def05bd60ca3a083f.jpg.5be27526d5e57cf604938a5625b43839.jpg

If there was any doubt about how this epic story arc will pan out, I give you the Resistance riding across a Star Destroyer on those horsey-things with BB-88 rolling heavy as their vanguard.  

Seems legit. :/

Again I didn't see anything in trailer 3 (much like the earlier 2 trailers) that has made me want to see this Star Wars movie.  Maybe I have just gotten too old (I was 7 when Star Wars hit theaters back in the day), but after Episode 8 (and to an extent episode 7, but mainly episode 8) I realize this is not my Star Wars anymore so I'm jumping ship and I'll live with my memories of the first three (episode IV, V and IV).

It seems like they just want to jam every Star Warsy element possible into this movie.  Lando, star destroyers, Palpitation, droids, fleet battles, Endor rip off, water planet instead of fire planet lightsaber battle...gah!  Bright explosions and loud lights, with no cohesive plot.  

And VIII is going to make even less sense on the continuity spectrum.  The resistance somehow goes from “we can’t even field a 53 man for game day” to “let’s take this massive fleet we’ve assembled from...uh...various sources and mess some fools up.” 

They should’ve just gone with my idea where Leia forms a REIT and methodically bankrupts the First Order through triple net leasing.

16 hours ago, media_junkie said:

Maybe I have just gotten too old (I was 7 when Star Wars hit theaters back in the day), but after Episode 8 (and to an extent episode 7, but mainly episode 8) I realize this is not my Star Wars anymore so I'm jumping ship and I'll live with my memories of the first three (episode IV, V and IV).

You and I are in the same boat. Although I was bailing after Phantom Menace. First three (especially the first two) were such a large part of my childhood.