• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode IX December 20, 2019
6 6

2,429 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, comics4all said:

Kylo & Hux are awful villians!

Another thing that is crazy is how they introducing more new characters in this movie when they haven't fleshed out the ones from TFA & TLJ!!

It's going to be terrible @ the worst, predictable @ best ! 

But but but...Emperor Palpitation is back!  Isn't that so unimaginatively lame shocking and scary???  :roflmao:

18 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

So are they in this situation because they didn't have a "road map" for the three movies, or is it because Rian Johnson mess the bed with movie 8 and ruined the plan?

I think a bit of both. If they were planning the.story of this trilogy from the beginning, TLJ wouldn't even exist. It starts immediately after TFA with no time gap, ruins the ending of the last.movie(ie, majestic moment of Rey returning the lightsaber to Jedi Luke,.clothed in his Jedi robe, who becomes a drama.queen and throws the saber.over his shoulder like a diva), and then ends about a week after TFA. How is the plot advanced? What new information are we given, except that we now know Luke is a self centered person_too_unaware_of_social_graces? The movie ends with the status quo; we're basically at the same.point as we were at the end of the last movie.

It's gonna take a miracle to salvage this trilogy, and it doesn't look like we're going to get one.

3 hours ago, media_junkie said:

So are they in this situation because they didn't have a "road map" for the three movies, or is it because Rian Johnson mess the bed with movie 8 and ruined the plan?

Johnson shipped his pants 2c (shrug)

4 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

I think a bit of both. If they were planning the.story of this trilogy from the beginning, TLJ wouldn't even exist. It starts immediately after TFA with no time gap, ruins the ending of the last.movie(ie, majestic moment of Rey returning the lightsaber to Jedi Luke,.clothed in his Jedi robe, who becomes a drama.queen and throws the saber.over his shoulder like a diva), and then ends about a week after TFA. How is the plot advanced? What new information are we given, except that we now know Luke is a self centered person_too_unaware_of_social_graces? The movie ends with the status quo; we're basically at the same.point as we were at the end of the last movie.

It's gonna take a miracle to salvage this trilogy, and it doesn't look like we're going to get one.

It would’ve been awesome to see Sith training for Kylo instead of more Jedi training.

17 hours ago, zhamlau said:

I’ve heard there are massive issues with this film. Some reports are saying they tested 4-6 different endings and none of them worked. That the film has experienced a nearly 75% reshooting and as of the trailer release they were still doing some principal photography for it. 

That seems like a recipe for disaster, if even only a part of this info coming out is correct.

I saw a YouTube video (I forget who it was) but they had said the same thing: multiple endings, tons of reshoots etc. They had the same situation going into Rogue One and they managed to salvage that in time :wishluck:

46 minutes ago, bentbryan said:

I saw a YouTube video (I forget who it was) but they had said the same thing: multiple endings, tons of reshoots etc. They had the same situation going into Rogue One and they managed to salvage that in time :wishluck:

I don’t know, 3/4 completely reshot going up to just a few weeks before release? 6 endings all testing unpopular?

These are of course anonymous sources (which these days to be fair usually means fake news) saying this. And obviously no major film media outlet would dare speak ill of Disney so likely we won’t see anyone from the classic 20th century media report on issues even with iron clad proof...we will just have to wait and see the final product.

Just now, zhamlau said:
49 minutes ago, bentbryan said:

I don’t know, 3/4 completely reshot going up to just a few weeks before release? 6 endings all testing unpopular?

These are of course anonymous sources (which these days to be fair usually means fake news) saying this. And obviously no major film media outlet would dare speak ill of Disney so likely we won’t see anyone from the classic 20th century media report on issues even with iron clad proof...we will just have to wait and see the final product.

I sure hope it's not true, otherwise it's going to be a fiasco.

I figured the only way out of the mess they got into with this trilogy - if you can call it that - was to make a good, stand alone movie. As much as possible anyways.

2 hours ago, zhamlau said:

"...JJ might be a bit of a hack, he knows how to play it safe..."

And that's exactly why I hold Force Awakens as the most derivative and boring of the series. 

I've said it many times, I thought TLJ was infinitely better than TFA.

I want new material rather than a reimagining of the old.   

5 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

And that's exactly why I hold Force Awakens as the most derivative and boring of the series. 

I've said it many times, I thought TLJ was infinitely better than TFA.

I want new material rather than a reimagining of the old.   

I don’t agree TFA is derivative. Sure, it’s the same story rebooted and for me, isn’t very rewatchable. However, TLJ is just garbage. Mom jokes, Luke tossing the Sabre, redefining the rules of hyperspace,  disregarding setups from the previous movie and to top it off...bashing the viewer over the head with morality politics.  Just because something is new or unpredictable (I’m so sick of ‘subverting expectations’) doesn’t make it good.  Disney is nervous and with reason.  They need to stick this landing because if they don’t they may have way overpaid for this franchise.  

7 minutes ago, bentbryan said:

I don’t agree TFA is derivative. Sure, it’s the same story rebooted and for me, isn’t very rewatchable. However, TLJ is just garbage. Mom jokes, Luke tossing the Sabre, redefining the rules of hyperspace,  disregarding setups from the previous movie and to top it off...bashing the viewer over the head with morality politics.  Just because something is new or unpredictable (I’m so sick of ‘subverting expectations’) doesn’t make it good.  Disney is nervous and with reason.  They need to stick this landing because if they don’t they may have way overpaid for this franchise.  

Hey listen to each their own.  I actually enjoyed Rise of Skywalker.  If anything i also believed had they never made episode 9 that Last Jedi had the most perfect scene to wrap up the whole series.  I loved the idea that it ended on an idea of hope. 

To me, the Force Awakens was just weak. 

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

Hey listen to each their own.  I actually enjoyed Rise of Skywalker.  If anything i also believed had they never made episode 9 that Last Jedi had the most perfect scene to wrap up the whole series.  I loved the idea that it ended on an idea of hope. 

To me, the Force Awakens was just weak. 

This. Even if history ends up seeing Rian Johnson as the fall guy, he did what was required -- moved Star Wars beyond the Luke/Leia/Vader trope and focused on a new generation of heroes as necessary to move the universe forward. And - unlike JJ - did it without simply rehashing the first film.

Surprised (I believe) no one's mentioned a key part from the trailer - in the shot of the Millennium Falcon leading the armada of ships we can clearly see The Ghost!

1 hour ago, Gatsby77 said:

This. Even if history ends up seeing Rian Johnson as the fall guy, he did what was required -- moved Star Wars beyond the Luke/Leia/Vader trope and focused on a new generation of heroes as necessary to move the universe forward. And - unlike JJ - did it without simply rehashing the first film.

Surprised (I believe) no one's mentioned a key part from the trailer - in the shot of the Millennium Falcon leading the armada of ships we can clearly see The Ghost!

Are they really moving forward though?  This is the last movie with the new cast, and since the focus is STILL essentially on the Skywalker clan, Rey and Co. are basically just along for the ride.

1 hour ago, mattn792 said:

Are they really moving forward though?  This is the last movie with the new cast, and since the focus is STILL essentially on the Skywalker clan, Rey and Co. are basically just along for the ride.

?

What movies have you been watching? This trilogy's focus is on Rey, Kylo, Poe and Finn.

Luke/Leia/Han/Chewie are "basically just along for the ride" -- in it effectively for extended cameos.

22 hours ago, Bosco685 said:
23 hours ago, Mr Sneeze said:

I’m getting a bad felling about this.

Bad feelings too. :baiting:(:

C3PO:  "Sir, the possibility of successfully navigating four decades of fanboy nostalgia is approximately three thousand seven hundred and twenty to one!"

JJ Abrams: "Never tell me the odds."

28 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

?

What movies have you been watching? This trilogy's focus is on Rey, Kylo, Poe and Finn.

Luke/Leia/Han/Chewie are "basically just along for the ride" -- in it effectively for extended cameos.

This trilogy has no focus, it is a jumbled mess! 

47 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

?

Yes, but they’re still disappearing along with Skywalker Enterprises after #9, so I’d argue that the new cast were ultimately the ones that were just along for the ride.  

#8 was the time to wrap up the legacy cast, then let the new group carry the franchise to #9...and beyond.  With no “beyond”, this really has largely been a waste of time, aside from the money generated of course.

2 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Yes, but they’re still disappearing along with Skywalker Enterprises after #9, so I’d argue that the new cast were ultimately the ones that were just along for the ride.  

#8 was the time to wrap up the legacy cast, then let the new group carry the franchise to #9...and beyond.  With no “beyond”, this really has largely been a waste of time, aside from the money generated of course.

Exactly.

I actually like Rey, Poe, & Finn. One of the biggest missteps is that they never have the 2 or 3 of them together for more than 2 minutes! 

Even though Luke was on his own a lot in the OT, he still did some important stuff with the rest of the gang.

They did a bad job of paying homage to the OG's & a bad job of setting up the new characters!

And they are introducing more new characters in RoS!!! 

They need to consult with Kevin Feige on how to move a franchise along!!!