• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode IX December 20, 2019
6 6

2,429 posts in this topic

Does anyone think Rey has more importance on the Skywalker lineage than is being let on?

Like maybe he was having one of those long and lonely nights in the outer rim and ran into a degabha slave girl or something.

I mean seriously, is anyone thinking she might be Luke's kid? All of a sudden she comes along and is able to pretty much defeat a jedi master

2 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Does anyone think Rey has more importance on the Skywalker lineage than is being let on?

Like maybe he was having one of those long and lonely nights in the outer rim and ran into a degabha slave girl or something.

I mean seriously, is anyone thinking she might be Luke's kid? All of a sudden she comes along and is able to pretty much defeat a jedi master

I think she does.  That said, I’m betting it’ll be a half baked and completely recycled Skywalker link.  Like the force got Luke pregnant.  Or she was born in the Enterprise warp core after some magic Khan blood dripped into it.

7 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

I think she does.  That said, I’m betting it’ll be a half baked and completely recycled Skywalker link.  Like the force got Luke pregnant.  Or she was born in the Enterprise warp core after some magic Khan blood dripped into it.

Its definitely not General Changs kid, because she would be spouting off Shakespeare already

It doesn't make any sense that she'd be a Skywalker. None of the interactions with Han, Leia, Ben, or Luke indicate any sort of relationship. It would be pure stupidity if she ends up being a direct relative to any of them. My eyes would roll into the back of my head.

My bets are on another Anakin situation by way of Palpatine. Or she's a Kenobi. Those could make sense. Money on good ole Sidious, though, since he's come back from the dead for this movie.

11 hours ago, paperheart said:

one month from release and the buzz is non-existent

This thread never fails to surprise me in how it's CONSTANTLY buzzing...I just wish it wasn't the kind of buzzing that you'd usually hear around a manure pile.  :eek:

2 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Money on good ole Sidious, though, since he's come back from the dead for this movie.

I've always thought she was a Kenobi.

But I would stand up & cheer in the theater if she's actually related to Palpatine or Sidious.

Plot twist: This trilogy has always been about Kylo's redemption. He's the Skywalker who "rises" by embracing the good and defeating Rey, the true enemy who - unbeknownst to her -- has been working for the Dark Side the whole time.

That would make this a classic.

Edited by Gatsby77

3 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

But I would stand up & cheer in the theater if she's actually related to Palpatine or Sidious.

Plot twist: This trilogy has always been about Kylo's redemption. He's the Skywalker who "rises" by embracing the good and defeating Rey, the true enemy who - unbeknownst to her -- has been working for the Dark Side the whole time.

That would be very interesting...

19 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Yeah that would be totally awesome 

It's not like they haven't cheated us out of the first two movies anyways 

2 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

It doesn't make any sense that she'd be a Skywalker. None of the interactions with Han, Leia, Ben, or Luke indicate any sort of relationship. It would be pure stupidity if she ends up being a direct relative to any of them. My eyes would roll into the back of my head.

My bets are on another Anakin situation by way of Palpatine. Or she's a Kenobi. Those could make sense. Money on good ole Sidious, though, since he's come back from the dead for this movie.

If she is in someway connected to Palpatine, than she is definitely a villain.

But it's called Rise of Skywalker, that is why I considered the Luke angle.

It's not like other movies haven't been deceptive, ie revenge of the sith, empire strikes back.

Kenobi would be an interesting angle

Maybe Darth Plagueis, that would be interesting too.

Edited by Hollywood1892

3 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

If she is in someway connected to Palpatine, than she is definitely a villain.

It's not like other movies haven't been deceptive, ie revenge of the sith, empire strikes back.

Kenobi would be an interesting angle

Maybe Darth Plagueis, that would be interesting too.

What's the logical reasoning...? Luke was the son of Darth Freaking Vader.

In what ways were the aforementioned movies "deceptive"?

Darth Plageius wouldn't make any sense.

19 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

:gossip: We know definitively that Kylo's a Skywalker. Leia's his mom.

It would also fit with Luke's telling Kylo in The Last Jedi that he himself is not the last Jedi (via "everything you just said is wrong").

If Kylo is the last Jedi, rather than Rey, that solidifies Luke's redemption -- in effect justifying both Han's death and Luke's -- both died directly while trying to redeem Kylo. We've also seen Kylo specifically choose not only to kill Snoke but also *not* to kill Leia when she was in space and he had the chance. His redemption's already begun.

It also means it wouldn't matter if Rey was indeed a "nobody" - the daughter of trash collectors or whatever.

Because this story was never about her; it was about him.

Edited by Gatsby77

24 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

What's the logical reasoning...? Luke was the son of Darth Freaking Vader.

In what ways were the aforementioned movies "deceptive"?

Darth Plageius wouldn't make any sense.

Outside of Luke being Darth Vadars son, or as Obi put it "Anakin died along time ago" how is Luke connected to Palpatine, he has a total of 5 minutes of interaction with him throughout the entire series, and that only comes in Return of the Jedi. Even throughout Lukes training, he wasn't trained to defeat the Emperor, he was trained to defeat Darth Vadar and restore balance to the empire, so you suggesting she is somehow connected to Palpatine makes literally no sense whatsoever. In all movies there is foreshadowing or "Easter eggs" hints at what will be coming 

In the first 3 movies or prequels Qui-Gon talks about Anakin returning balance to the force, and it's TRUE Anakin killed the Emperor, not Luke

In Empire strikes back Luke goes into the trials and sees his own face in the Darth Vadar mask, that's foreshadowed of them being related.

Yoda always talking about there being another, that is obviously Leia. But there is zero mention of Palpatine in any of the new movies, so how can it be suggested that their is a link?

Edited by Hollywood1892

36 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

:gossip: We know definitively that Kylo's a Skywalker. Leia's his mom.

It would also fit with Luke's telling Kylo in The Last Jedi that he himself is not the last Jedi (via "everything you just said is wrong").

If Kylo is the last Jedi, rather than Rey, that solidifies Luke's redemption -- in effect justifying both Han's death and Luke's -- both died directly while trying to redeem Kylo. We've also seen Kylo specifically choose not only to kill Snoke but also *not* to kill Leia when she was in space and he had the chance. His redemption's already begun.

It also means it wouldn't matter if Rey was indeed a "nobody" - the daughter of trash collectors or whatever.

Because this story was never about her; it was about him.

Very good...

It's hard to redeem yourself after Patricide. Even after Vadar killed all the younglings in revenge of the sith we had 3 movies to forget about it find some sympathy for him in ROTJ, after he killed the Emperor.

Hans was and is one of the greatest characters in Star Wars Cannon. The only way of Kylo redeeming himself after that would be if Hans never died, but I see that as impossible IMO.

I am looking forward to Rise of Skywalker though, so many questions answered.

And despite it pale in comparison to IV V VI and not being on par with I II III, I still think it will be watchable

Edited by Hollywood1892

34 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Outside of Luke being Darth Vadars son, or as Obi put it "Anakin died along time ago" how is Luke connected to Palpatine, he has a total of 5 minutes of interaction with him throughout the entire series, and that only comes in Return of the Jedi. Even throughout Lukes training, he wasn't trained to defeat the Emperor, he was trained to defeat Darth Vadar and restore balance to the empire, so you suggesting she is somehow connected to Palpatine makes literally no sense whatsoever. In all movies there is foreshadowing or "Easter eggs" hints at what will be coming 

In the first 3 movies or prequels Qui-Gon talks about Anakin returning balance to the force, and it's TRUE Anakin killed the Emperor, not Luke

In Empire strikes back Luke goes into the trials and sees his own face in the Darth Vadar mask, that's foreshadowed of them being related.

Yoda always talking about there being another, that is obviously Leia. But there is zero mention of Palpatine in any of the new movies, so how can it be suggested that their is a link?

Uh... What...? Who said anything about Luke being connected to Sidious...? How does that have anything to do with Rey and Palpatine...? How do you not see that Sidious created Anakin; and therefor he could have created Rey...? It's simply logical. There is literally no foreshadowing to most of what happens in movies. There doesn't need to be foreshadowing; that's why they call them "twists"...

The "prophecy" of Anakin "restoring balance to the Force" was Anakin killing all but 2 Jedi, leaving exactly 2 Jedi and 2 Sith Lords in the galaxy/universe...

The Dagobah vision doesn't foreshadow who his father is. It foreshadows what will happen if he doesn't confront Vader and overcome the Dark Side.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus