• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode IX December 20, 2019
6 6

2,429 posts in this topic

TLJ is so depressing. I mean, imagine watching Avengers: Infinity War, and Iron Man's fighting Thanos on Titan. However, when Thanos breaks off Stark's Nano Sword and stabs him, he wasn't actually in the suit. He was doing that thing he did in Iron Man 3 where he was remote-controlling it. And then he exerted himself so much that he passes out and dies... He doesn't get to live out the legacy of Endgame.

Imagine Vision's stone being removed from his head, but then Vision Mary Poppins himself back to life (Idk how) and just takes the stone back (Idk how). (Idk how Leia did this, either.)

Imagine Ant-Man going on a side quest to find Hank Pym because he's the only one that can remove his ankle monitor so he can join the fight, BUT, Pym turns him into the police instead. Then Adam Warlock just so happens to be a cop at the precinct and does it. But then Adam takes Lang to Ayesha. And then Lang steals some batteries and beats Adam up and Idk where this is all going (neither did Rian Johnson).

I wanna KMS just typing all of this out...

1 hour ago, mattn792 said:

Hey look everyone - Emperor P survived his multi-story trip down the Death Star toilet!

I tend to ignore people positing lines of thought that are the result of people skipping ideas already posted in a long thread resulting from lazily skipping to the end, but this one's developing enough life to make me try to head it off before it keeps going.  He's far more likely to be in the film as a Force Ghost than as a living being, but who knows, I guess we'll find out.  I definitely wouldn't just assume they've resurrected him in that awful way comic books have done since the death and resurrection of Superman.

Edited by fantastic_four

3 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I tend to ignore people positing lines of thought that are the result of people skipping ideas already posted in a long thread resulting from lazily skipping to the end, but this one's developing enough life to make me try to head it off before it keeps going.  He's far more likely to be in the film as a Force Ghost than as a living being.

So your telling me that you'd be surprised if the franchise that gave us cut-in-half Darth Maul robot legs and Flying Space Leia would suddenly trot out a fully living, breathing Palpitating Emperor in IX?   

22 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

It certainly appears as though there will be a living, breathing, Emperor.

I have no idea how. I'm just hoping that, if so, it makes a lick of sense. Mary Poppins Leia didn't make any sense.

Something, something, "used the Force", something, something, "Climbed into a refrigerator", something, something, "Deep Meditation Force Sleep"

2 minutes ago, Catwomancomics said:

In the now Legend  books by Timothy Zahn there was a clone Emperor from the series that also gave us Thrawn and Mara Jade. Is JJ going to borrow that idea? (shrug)

Probably, he has no original ideas of his own.

4 hours ago, Catwomancomics said:

In the now Legend  books by Timothy Zahn there was a clone Emperor from the series that also gave us Thrawn and Mara Jade. Is JJ going to borrow that idea? (shrug)

4 hours ago, bane said:

Probably, he has no original ideas of his own.

I still hope its his long lost twin brother, Steve Palpatine.

37 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

So, apparently the ending of Rise of Skywalker has leaked (again won't know if it is true until it hits theaters) but after reading what was leaked I just about cried because of the sheer stupidity of it.

I had to take a peek myself.  Yeah...

Image result for rodney dangerfield gif

Really hoping none of what I read is actually true.

Edited by mattn792
caveat needed

3 hours ago, RedRaven said:

The shame is that Disney squandered all of the well written stories and plots from the books. In some better Universe we are celebrating Timothy Zahn instead of fretting over how the whole franchise has been mishandled by the House of Mouse.

Indeed. The link above doesn't work for me, perhaps thanfully, but like you I often ponder what could have been. Star Wars - in its original state - has always had something about it, something epic. The characters, names, settings - the whole thing is a once in a lifetime inspiration. It's part of the world, part of our fabric. So to see how it is handled today is such a shame. It's such a shame that the combined genius of the human race, with all that it now has at it's disposal from a film making perspective, can't contrive to add something to the original idea that actually blows people away.

See also 'current Doctor Who'.

Well, it certainly reads like a JJ -script, so no surprises there.

This is what is to be expected when you set out to conclude a story line that had already been concluded.

And yet, who knows - I remember reading spoilers for Empire Strikes Back back in the day and it sounded terrible.

Most importantly, thank goodness JJ has nothing to do with the Dune adaptation.

7 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

that actually blows people away.

It was The Force awakens that blew me away and The Last Jedi that drove the last nail in.! Even if this new one is the greatest one of all (which I doubt) it would still end on a dud with the way it handled the original characters. I am dearly HOPING that they leave the Emperor dead Please please please and for goodness sake kill both Rey and Kylo as they are both dead wood already especially their :roflmao:acting?