• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode IX December 20, 2019
6 6

2,429 posts in this topic

Well not that China has ever been a big money maker for Star Wars, don't expect it to this go around either.  Star Wars Episode 9 released the same day as IP Man 4 in China.  IP Man 3 did $125 million in China where as The Last Jedi only managed $42 million.

2 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

His refusal to glorify his own lightsaber -- or to join the fight -- in the opening of TLJ is, again *entirely consistent* with the Jedi ethos, and what Luke had known for 30 years.

In addition -- in walking away and refusing to (initially) train Rey -- Luke reflected exactly what Yoda had done to him initially in Empire. There was a wonderful symmetry there.

Yes, I’m sure this is what RJ was thinking the whole time and it wasn’t done to be funny.

There is a great documentary on the TLJ Blu Ray. Whether you like the movie or not its really interesting to see the ideas and motivations behind RJ's story.

I had a few big problems but really enjoyed the documentary.

Just now, mattn792 said:

You don't like Jack Daniel's, Punisher War Zone, and have never seen Rambo IV.  You worry me sometimes. 

Jack Daniels is possibly the worst whiskey you can buy. Spoiler: I've never really cared about the Rambo franchise. Just watched the first 2 with my older brother because we used to watch movies together all the time.

Worry not required!

1 hour ago, Wally's Comics said:

The only thing I see in this is Disney trying to get people to buy tickets by using the original trilogy as a shaming gimmick.

Almost like "everyone loves Star Wars, you owe it to Star Wars to come support this"...

9_9

Sadly that’s worked on me. I feel sad when I think about what Disney has done to Star Wars, I cant believe what a poorly written mishmash of garbage the series has become...having said that of course I’m gonna honor the past and throw at least dollar theater or rental money at this. I have to see, in some format, how Disney finally puts the dagger into the old bird.

From Star Wars to Star Ears going forward.